Nihi; or "Ms. Right-place-at-right-time"

NIHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII OMG OMG OMG

Okay. Um. Deep breath.

I love the take you had for the crystal armor, and how it's a bit more spare than it was in all the teaser images. It feels like it befits her rank as a low-level Menti a bit more but it clearly differentiates her from the Toa on Mata Nui.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ah, Nuju Metru, it's great to see you back and MOCing! ^_^ And I see that you've made a character from your Kentoku Archipelago BZPRPG. While I never got around to joining that one myself, due to having a hectic school schedule, let me say that I am very impressed with the entire storyline and parallel island chain to Mata Nui and the Matoran race that you've come up with. Your worldbuilding skills are outstanding.

Now, onto the MOC! First of all, you did very well on the proportions, with the poseable torso working to give her feminine hips, which is nice. I really like Nihi's sash, but like Black Six said, I feel that the green color clashes a bit with her other colors. I would actually say that solid Mata blue would work well here, to complement the small bits of it on her lower arms.

Other than that, the balance of blue and gold is excellent, and I commend you for your use of the sapphires and the Ninjago straw hats! :P The great Rau works pretty well with the crystalline armor -- I'm glad that you're going with the lighter version from Dalu instead of the darker one from Nokama, although that mask would have blended pretty well with her dark Metru blue parts. I see that you're using the awesome new Mixels joints for the hands; it's just a pity that Exo-Force robot claws don't come in gold or blue (same with Hordika necks, for that matter). Oh well, at least she has a sweet looking wooden staff.

This is a fantastic build as always, my friend! Can we expect to see more Dasaka (or Dashi or Datsue) characters from your RPG in MOC form any time soon?

~B~

It looks great! I especially love the design of the skirt, although I'm not the biggest fan of the green with the blue and gold. I feel like something more contrasting like a dark red would have gone better.

Still though - I hope you're bringing her to BrickFair!

I was between green or red for the skirt, but seeing as red is the family color of an enemy (and I only had the parts I needed in bright red), I opted to go with the green. It was a less obtrusive color, too, which I thought was more fitting for her character. She'll be at Brickfair, alright!

Ah, Nuju Metru, it's great to see you back and MOCing! ^_^ And I see that you've made a character from your Kentoku Archipelago BZPRPG. While I never got around to joining that one myself, due to having a hectic school schedule, let me say that I am very impressed with the entire storyline and parallel island chain to Mata Nui and the Matoran race that you've come up with. Your worldbuilding skills are outstanding.

Now, onto the MOC! First of all, you did very well on the proportions, with the poseable torso working to give her feminine hips, which is nice. I really like Nihi's sash, but like Black Six said, I feel that the green color clashes a bit with her other colors. I would actually say that solid Mata blue would work well here, to complement the small bits of it on her lower arms.

Other than that, the balance of blue and gold is excellent, and I commend you for your use of the sapphires and the Ninjago straw hats! :P The great Rau works pretty well with the crystalline armor -- I'm glad that you're going with the lighter version from Dalu instead of the darker one from Nokama, although that mask would have blended pretty well with her dark Metru blue parts. I see that you're using the awesome new Mixels joints for the hands; it's just a pity that Exo-Force robot claws don't come in gold or blue (same with Hordika necks, for that matter). Oh well, at least she has a sweet looking wooden staff.

This is a fantastic build as always, my friend! Can we expect to see more Dasaka (or Dashi or Datsue) characters from your RPG in MOC form any time soon?

~B~

Glad to know you enjoy the Kentoku Archipelago! It wasn't all my creation - the Dasaka society was, originally, a brainchild of Friar Tuck's - but I'm happy that an outside perspective still finds it interesting.

Mata blue is used as a secondary color in several places in the body of the MOC; because I wanted for the sash to be discrete from the rest of Nihi, it wouldn't have been a feasible color choice. I wanted to use blue, and in a perfect world I would've employed sky blue... however, my parts assortment in that hue was sadly limited. As for the Dalu Rau, that was actually my second choice; I originally had Nihi outfitted in the Nokama-colored one, but then my dog chewed it up when I left it unattended on the floor. I'm happy that the brighter version worked out as well, if not better, than the original.

Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

Smooth building. What an exotic MOC. For some reason I especially like the staff. You fill up a lot of gaps that are often left open in the official sets, which I think is a highlight here. But the very best are the posable hips. The overall picture makes a lot of sense. Well done.

banner1.png

Its simplicity is what I like most about this MOC. You don't have to build anything complex for it to look good.

I agree; I find that simplicity can be elegant, and also usually lends a creation stability, which is definitely a goal of mine when I MOC. There are only a few delicate parts of Nihi - her hands, her skirt - and even these are, I think, as solidly attached to her as I could've managed. Thanks for the feedback!

test2.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From the description of her face in the BZPRPG, I feel that a kanohi Calix would suit her face better than a Rau. Aside from the colour.

Otherwise, fine MOCing.

Maybe; however, as Nihi actually bears a Kanohi Rau in the game, it made the most sense to have her wearing one here.

test2.png

From the description of her face in the BZPRPG, I feel that a kanohi Calix would suit her face better than a Rau. Aside from the colour.

Otherwise, fine MOCing.

Maybe; however, as Nihi actually bears a Kanohi Rau in the game, it made the most sense to have her wearing one here.

Woops. I was just going off the RPG description on page 11. =)

Edited by The Great Beings