Vakama, Old Master of Fire

I quite like this, mixes the old with the new but still retains that turaga look. The use of the... 'tails'? for a beard even furthers the image you were going for. I truthfully can not find anything truly wrong with this

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

My inner Geewunner wishes you had used an '01 Noble Huna, but the rest of me is too busy fanboying to care.  If that model was released as an actual set, I would buy it- heck, I'd buy six.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I hope if there were Turaga in Gen 2, that they'd look something like this! I like that you used the Arthron; I've been thinking the Protector masks look a lot like it too.

Making brickfilms since 2007.

Check out my latest animations:

, and Avengers Tower!

The first episode of Nuva,

Magnetic Mania, is now live! Check it out!

burning_logo.jpg

This is a very clever MOC! Good use of parts and that Arthron fits in with the protector motif perfectly! Great job!

The use of Arthron here is very clever, it kinda looks like a beard. I've been trying to MOC some G2 stuff myself, mostly equipment and Rahi/animals. Kinda hard without the new parts :P

Yeah, I have a similar issue. I own plenty of HF parts, but without the new Bionicle parts, what's the point of making a Bionicle MOC? :P

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I quite like this, mixes the old with the new but still retains that turaga look. The use of the... 'tails'? for a beard even furthers the image you were going for. I truthfully can not find anything truly wrong with this

Thanks! Given how the Huna has its prominent beard-like feature, I thought it was important for Vakama to retain some facial hair, so I'm glad to hear that you think it fits.

My inner Geewunner wishes you had used an '01 Noble Huna, but the rest of me is too busy fanboying to care.  If that model was released as an actual set, I would buy it- heck, I'd buy six.

The similarity of the Arthron to the Protector masks was actually the original motivation for making him, so a Noble Huna was definitely out of the question from the start! Besides, the Huna doesn't seem to quite match the 2015 mask aesthetic, I'd say.

The use of Arthron here is very clever, it kinda looks like a beard. I've been trying to MOC some G2 stuff myself, mostly equipment and Rahi/animals. Kinda hard without the new parts :P

Well, I made Vakama without any of the new parts. I think a number of classic Bionicle elements like the Bohrok feet and the Mahri armor piece fit in well with the CCBS shells. And, of course, most of the new parts are the same as prior CCBS shells just recolored, save the new Masks and the piston-shaped shell.

Yeah, I have a similar issue. I own plenty of HF parts, but without the new Bionicle parts, what's the point of making a Bionicle MOC? :P

Cough, cough... :P

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I really like this revamped Vakama, and I like the use of the Arthron, it really does look like a Protector mask, but obviously it's a bit "extra". The Dark/Metru red is nice too, regardless of this being due to the colour's abundance or homage to Toa Vakama. I also really like his staff, the way you put the fire together is really nice. I hope to see more revamped Turaga/ Old Masters in the future.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

This definitely looks like what Vakama might be on Okoto! Mixes old and new while keeping the amazing Turaga look. Kudos for the mask choice, too. Kinda does look like a Protector mask.

My inner Geewunner wishes you had used an '01 Noble Huna

You do know "Geewunner" is a pejorative term, right?

Edited by Toa Varova

mindeth the cobwebs

Amazing! I love the use of the Arthron mask to symbolize an older Protector, since the masks do look similar. The use of the holes in the mask to create a "beard" of sorts is unprecedented. The design is a really seamless mix of CCBS and the old system. Love the extra details like the cape and poseable fingers. Wish Vakama was in G2... :(

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I really like this revamped Vakama, and I like the use of the Arthron, it really does look like a Protector mask, but obviously it's a bit "extra". The Dark/Metru red is nice too, regardless of this being due to the colour's abundance or homage to Toa Vakama. I also really like his staff, the way you put the fire together is really nice. I hope to see more revamped Turaga/ Old Masters in the future.

I actually was thinking less of Vakama as a Toa and more of just continuing to use the other color on the mask, actually. :P

And it would be good to see more Old Masters made by other folks here, although I'm content to stop with just Vakama here.

My inner Geewunner wishes you had used an '01 Noble Huna

You do know "Geewunner" is a pejorative term, right?
Well, using it to describe yourself would make it less of a pejorative in that case, wouldn't it?

Amazing! I love the use of the Arthron mask to symbolize an older Protector, since the masks do look similar. The use of the holes in the mask to create a "beard" of sorts is unprecedented. The design is a really seamless mix of CCBS and the old system. Love the extra details like the cape and poseable fingers. Wish Vakama was in G2... :(

-NotS

Thanks! Yep, those holes for the Mahri breathing tubes actually came in handy for once!

As for Vakama in the Okoto-verse, I actually am fine with his absence, as the Protector of Fire makes an excellent spiritual successor to Vakama, and having an active, strong character instead of a frail elder was a good decision for the reboot.

~B~

Well, I saw this one coming when people noticed that the Protector mask looked like an Arthron (even though the resemblance is only subtle in real life).  Still, though, seeing Vakama, an old staple of Gen 1 depicted here really does look great!  The use of the Arthron as well as the tails for a beard really does go for the "old" look you were going for (even if it does derive from his original Huna, though it fits even more with Gen 2)!  I also really appreciated the use of dark red rather than traditional red here; it really does hearken back to the Toa Metru/Hordika Vakama.  I do wonder if they'll name the Protectors later on after the original Turaga... (I really hope they do, even though it's quite unlikely at this point, seeing as they weren't given the original Turaga names from the start)

Overall, excellent job recreating Vakama!

PS: Vakama likes pulling jokes on villagers?  That's not the Vakama I remember! :o  Still though, that actually sounds like a good trait for him, as it helps distinguish him from the PoF, who seems to be the Gen 2 replacement for Vakama.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

Well, I saw this one coming when people noticed that the Protector mask looked like an Arthron (even though the resemblance is only subtle in real life).  Still, though, seeing Vakama, an old staple of Gen 1 depicted here really does look great!  The use of the Arthron as well as the tails for a beard really does go for the "old" look you were going for (even if it does derive from his original Huna, though it fits even more with Gen 2)!  I also really appreciated the use of dark red rather than traditional red here; it really does hearken back to the Toa Metru/Hordika Vakama.  I do wonder if they'll name the Protectors later on after the original Turaga... (I really hope they do, even though it's quite unlikely at this point, seeing as they weren't given the original Turaga names from the start)

Overall, excellent job recreating Vakama!

PS: Vakama likes pulling jokes on villagers?  That's not the Vakama I remember! :o  Still though, that actually sounds like a good trait for him, as it helps distinguish him from the PoF, who seems to be the Gen 2 replacement for Vakama.

I doubt that the Protectors will receive names at a later time. I think if they were ever to have been named, the names would have been revealed with the sets long ago.

And yes, Vakama does pull jokes on villagers! I imagined him as still being be pretty stealthy like Mata Nui's Vakama, although now without a Huna, and that he would make use of the ability to sneak up on and startle people. After all, if you're too old and frail to go on adventures any more, you need to find some way to entertain yourself!

~B~

Indeed. This is a great depiction of Vakama. Have you thought about the other Turaga by chance?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

As others have already said, the Arthron fits in very well with this set. Especially with the tails pieces attached to it. It makes him look older, which is a good thing since he is a Turaga. :P

Great job making this and congrats on making the front page! B-)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

So nostalgia.

Much like.

WOW!!                           Very MOC!    

Edit: I appreciate the effort, but please be more constructive in your feedback next time!

Very -Wind-. Much moderating!

Edited by -Windrider-

Just because you're trash doesn't mean you can't do great things.

It's called garbage can, not garbage cannot!

This guy is insanely cool. I never liked Vakama's Turaga form, I prefered his stronger Toa form, but you made him so well! The colors are great, and his staff is awesome.

To me, Turaga Vakama was always the most important incarnation. Regardless, I'm glad you like this version even if you're not a fan of the original Turaga!

Indeed. This is a great depiction of Vakama. Have you thought about the other Turaga by chance?

I have, but as there would be no suitable mask for any of the others I don't think I'll be making them.

Favorite environment: His library

Genius. Congrats making it to first page I was thinking it would get there actually :)

Well, the environment doesn't have a be a clime! And thanks! I was very pleased to see him featured.

So nostalgia.

Much like.

WOW!!                           Very MOC!

Well. I have never received a reply to a MOC topic of mine (or any topic of mine for that matter) entirely in the format of a meme, much less a doge-inspired post. That's a new one. :bored:

~B~

Edited by Ballom