Vern Vermilious, Furnace Repair Bot

Primus

A bot designed to work in large furnaces & forges, Vern spends most of his days toiling away making sure machinery is kept running. The heat exchangers in his arms and legs coupled with a multitude of cooling tubes allows him to work in extremely hot environments for hours on end.

37836505511_89a8b22dd4_c.jpg

002.png_thumb.jpg 003.png_thumb.jpg 006.png_thumb.jpg 008.png_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Really liked how this guy turned out, finally found a use for that av-matoran torso & train wheels I had laying around.

C&C appreciated, hope you guys like him!

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 9

I love this guy. I love the distribution of red and how the red elements used all match even though they're from dramatically different kinds of sets. Seriously, the way the technic fig seat matches and angles on the Mata foot and how the subtle printing on the constraction shins mirrors the ridges on the Bohrok shield, all amazing. Of course the disk-based limbs are great.

Shoutout to that av-toran torso. I think those torsos and the Ben-10 torsos are actually really spiffy elements, people are just afraid to use them.

By the by, how do you edit your photos?

Edited by Obsessionist
  • Upvote 1

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I love this guy. I love the distribution of red and how the red elements used all match even though they're from dramatically different kinds of sets. Seriously, the way the technic fig seat matches and angles on the Mata foot and how the subtle printing on the constraction shins mirrors the ridges on the Bohrok shield, all amazing. Of course the disk-based limbs are great.

Shoutout to that av-toran torso. I think those torsos and the Ben-10 torsos are actually really spiffy elements, people are just afraid to use them.

By the by, how do you edit your photos?

Glad you like it! I really love trying to build around those torsos, they can be very challenging but also very rewarding, and can lead to some pretty weird proportions (which I like lol).

As for editing my photos, usually I only crop them and adjust the color balance slightly, but I did a bit more for this one. In my original pictures the blue sheet that I shot against was all wrinkly, and instead of reshooting the photos I decided I would just edit the background (this was also my first shoot against this blue sheet). In a trial version of Photoshop I selected the background, feathered my selection (leading to the glowing edge), averaged the values, and then added a gradient. I'm not too sure how I feel about it, usually I don't mess with the background. What do you think about it?

Nice, I like the design of the limbs there and the use of a chair as a head is quite ingenious. I also like the intentional use of yellow half pieces. It's just an excellent design overall.

Thanks! I really love using those yellow half-bushings for extra splashes of color  :)

Also shout out to BlackSix for the front page mention! That was pretty cool to logon to  :D