LEGO Ideas Voltron Unveiled
Thursday, June 28th, 2018 at 9:00am by Andrew, BZPower News Manager
The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here! Well, I know at least that I've been waiting for it. Today LEGO is revealing the final design of the LEGO Ideas set based on Voltron: Defender of the Universe, and it's awesome! If you'll be at San Diego Comic Con from July 17th to 22nd you'll be able to pick up a copy of this 2321 piece set for a whopping $180. If, like most of us, you won't be at that event, you can get VIP access on July 23rd, with everyone being able to pick it up on August 1st. For all the glorious pictures and more details, read on!
2321 pieces. Ages 16+.
Let's go Voltron force in LEGO style!
It's time to defend the universe so get ready to form LEGO Ideas 21311 Voltron, the biggest buildable LEGO mech ever! This awesome set features buildable and highly posable black, blue, yellow, red and green lions with specially designed, extra-strong joints to combine them all and create the Voltron super robot, plus a huge sword and shield that attach firmly to Voltron's hands. Ideal for display or to recreate thrilling action from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Features 5 buildable and posable lions that can be transformed and combined to create the giant Voltron super robot.
- Play with the lions individually or combine them using extra-strong joints to form Voltron - the black lion forms the head and torso; the red and green lions form the arms; and the yellow and blue lions form the legs.
- Pose the head, shoulders, arms and wrists of Voltron (legs are not posable).
- Also includes a sword and shield (each with silver-colored elements) that attach firmly to Voltron's hands.
- Includes a booklet with building instructions, plus information about the set's fan creator and super force of LEGO designers.
- This set includes over 2,321 pieces.
- Display or play out exciting stories from the original 1980s animated Voltron TV series and the modern DreamWorks Voltron: Legendary Defender series.
- Voltron measures over 15" (40cm) high, 5" (14cm) long and 8" (21cm) wide.
- Black lion measures over 6" (17cm) high, 8" (22cm) long and 5" (15cm) wide.
- Yellow and blue lions each measure over 3" (8cm) high, 8" (21cm) long and 3" (8cm) wide.
- Green and red lions each measure over 3" (8cm) high, 7" (18cm) long and 1" (5cm) wide.
- Voltron's sword measures 11" (29cm) long.
- Voltron's shield measures 6" (16cm) in diameter.
Available August 1, 2018.
**Limited quantities will be available for purchase first for attendees at San Diego's Comic-Con (7/17-22)
LEGO VIP Early Access: Jul 23, 2018.
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
I am super-excited for this set and can't wait to get my hands on a copy. Who doesn't want a giant mech made of five lions and baked through with 80s nostalgia? Let us know how you feel about Voltron in the Talkback, and then start saving your pennies!
« Return to News