LEGO Reveals 75244 Tantive IV at Star Wars Celebration
Friday, April 12th, 2019 at 4:00pm by Andrew, BZPower News Manager
For the last several years now there's been a LEGO Star Wars D2C set released for May the Fourth, colloquially known as 'Star Wars Day.' This year is no different, except that LEGO gets to announce the set at Star Wars Celebration Chicago. Today the lid has been lifted on 75244 Tantive IV, the first ship to ever appear on screen in Star Wars. This set is more of a playset like 2009's 10198 rather than a UCS set like 2001's 10019, which means it includes minifigs and play features galore. To check out the hi-res images and see the press release, read on!
75244 Tantive IV
Ages 12+. 1768 pieces
US $199.99 - CA $269.99 - DE €199.99 - UK £179.99 - FR €219.99 - DK 1799DKK - AUD $329.99
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Own an iconic Rebel blockade runner - Tantive IV!
Build, play and display a legendary Star Wars starship! This LEGO Star Wars 75244 interpretation of Tantive IV, seen fleeing from an Imperial Star Destroyer in the opening moments of Star Wars: A New Hope, faithfully recreates all of the Rebel cruiser's signature details, including an elongated hull, detachable escape pods, elevating gun turrets, cargo hold and 11 massive engines at the back. Remove the hull plating of this fantastic LEGO Star Wars vehicle to reveal a detailed 2-minifigure cockpit, conference area with table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats. The radar dish also doubles as a convenient carry handle, which makes it perfect for flying around the room. When the mission is over, this amazing kids' buildable toy also makes a great centerpiece for any LEGO Star Wars collection. The set also includes 5 minifigures and an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
- Includes 5 LEGO Star Wars minifigures: Bail Organa, Princess Leia, Captain Antilles, C-3PO and a Rebel Fleet Trooper, plus an R2-D2 droid LEGO figure.
- Tantive IV LEGO Star Wars construction toy features a radar that doubles as a carry handle, 2 detachable escape pods with space for a minifigure inside, opening cargo hold and removable cargo box, opening 2-minifigure cockpit, rotating and elevating stud-shooting turrets on top and 2 spring-loaded shooters underneath. The top hull detaches to reveal a detailed interior including a conference table, weapon rack and a control console with 2 seats for the minifigures.
- Weapons include a blaster pistol and 3 blasters.
- Also includes a pair of electrobinoculars.
- Captain Antilles minifigure is an updated version from 2009, while Princess Leia's skirt and Bail Organa are new for April 2019.
- This highly detailed building toy construction set includes over 1,750 pieces.
- Recreate amazing moments from the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope or play out your own exciting adventures!
- LEGO Star Wars starship measures over 5" (14cm) high, 24" (62cm) long and 7" (19cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 3rd May, 2019
US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652
CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346
European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111
Personally, when I heard the rumors of a new Tantive IV set, I was hoping for something more along the lines of a UCS model than what was announced today, but that's just my personal preference. The set still looks fantastic and has a great design - many thanks to LEGO for letting us share it. It's quite expensive though, and still seems to very much be a collector's item, which will probably keep it out of buying range for many. Let us know what you think of this set and how it fits into TLG's Star Wars offerings in the Talkback!
« Return to News