LEGO Shares Full Details on 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander
Thursday, May 30th, 2019 at 9:00am by Andrew, BZPower News Manager
Today LEGO is officially announcing a set that makes me super-happy. 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander commemorates the fiftieth anniversary of one of mankind's greatest accomplishments with an incredibly-detailed and surprisingly-accurate model. From the golden heat shield to the unfolding TV camera, it appears that nothing was overlooked. Assuming you haven't seen all the pictures that leaked of the set in advance of today, you can read on for a video, the full press release, and some nice hi-res images.
10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander
1087 pieces | Ages 16+
$99.99 USD | 139.99 CAD
Available June 1, 2019
Celebrate space exploration with the NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander!
Celebrate man's first moon landing with this LEGO Creator Expert 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander building set - developed in cooperation with NASA to mark the 50th anniversary of a historical event that captivated the world. This collectible model features a highly detailed replica of Apollo 11's Eagle lunar module, plus a depiction of the lunar surface, complete with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag. The descent stage comes with gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches, and a ladder, while the ascent stage has a detailed interior with room for 2 astronauts. Finished with an Apollo 11 Lunar Lander nameplate, this display model makes a great centerpiece for the home or office and provides a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia. Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
- Includes 2 astronaut minifigures with NASA decoration and golden helmets.
- This advanced LEGO set features a detailed replica of the Eagle lunar lander with separate ascent and descent stages, plus a depiction of the lunar surface with crater, footprints and a U.S. flag.
- Descent stage features new-for-June-2019 gold-colored landing pads and panels, opening camera and laser hatches and a ladder.
- Ascent stage features a detailed interior with room for 2 astronaut minifigures.
- Celebrate space exploration with this highly detailed display model.
- Accessory elements include a brick-built video camera and laser reflector.
- New-for-June-2019 decorated elements include an Apollo 11 Lunar lander nameplate and golden elements.
- Measures over 7" (20 cm) high, 8" (22cm) wide and 7" (20cm) deep.
This set is definitely going to end up in my collection and will find itself on prominent display, hopefully near my Saturn V. How about you? Let us know in the Talkback what you think and if you intend to pick up this set. And of course many thanks to LEGO for sharing all the info with us!
« Return to News