Toy Fair 2014: Licensing & Booth
Sunday, February 23rd, 2014 at 4:44pm by Andrew, BZPower News Manager
It's time for our last Toy Fair 2014 photo coverage story. Closing things out are some products coming out of LEGO Licensing and the Toy Fair booth itself. If you enjoy completely immersing yourself into the LEGO lifestyle, you need to read on!
To start off, here's a list of interesting facts about LEGO licensed products:
- 4.9 million Ninjago T-Shirts were sold in the US in 2012 and the first half of 2013.
- LEGO Kids Watches by ClicTime are one of the most successful Kids Watch Brands.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles by DK was on the New York Times Best Sellers List just one week after debut.
- 20 million LEGO Books were printed and shipped in 2013 worldwide.
- Over 2.7 million ROOM Copenhagen storage bricks in various sizes have been sold.
- LEGO Ninjago Character Encyclopedia spent 37 weeks on the New York Times Best Sellers List.
- 24 hours after the LEGO Builder Case was featured on a television segment all 3 colors were sold out on Belkin.com.
Legends of Chima
There seems to be a big push again for Legends of Chima - we've got activity books, school supplies, lunchboxes, backpacks, clothing, lights, alarm clocks, and more!
The LEGO Movie
Obviously The LEGO Movie is a property ripe for licensing this year as well. The products are similar to the Chima ones above - I think the pens are pretty funny and want some luggage tags for all of my suitcases!
Friends has plenty of merchandise too, including storage solutions, clothing, books, and school supplies. Who doesn't want a pencil box they can build on?
There's a lot of other licensed products that are released each year, including alarm clocks, a huge line of watches, minifig display cases, and cases for your iPad and iPhone (where's the Android love?).
LEGO always does a great job with their booth. While it's essentially walled off so competitors can't see upcoming products, they do have display cases inlaid with sets that are already available to attract the attention of passersby. They also had some giant statues made out of bricks featuring Mia and Andrea from Friends and of course Emmet from The LEGO Movie. I saw lots of people getting their picture taken with Emmet.
And that's all she wrote. I hope you enjoyed all of our Toy Fair 2014 coverage - be sure to check it out if you haven't. We may have another thing or two coming, but first I need to take a break. See you all again soon, here on BZPower!
« Return to News