Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Yeah, I try not to make my characters just fall in love in two seconds. (If anyone sees that they sort of do in the first day I post as them; note I post alot and the time span can be over a long time with the characters. :P)But, don't get KNI started on love. Valentines Day brings out the worst in him. :P-Mef

All I'm going to say about overnight relationships is...Volin and Yasahiv. He literally walks up and says "you're hot, let's go a date" she says "ooh never done that before" and it's true love.That's all I'm going to say.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Sorry to ask (after six years doing this, I might be supposed to know better), but who would the Kin be aligned with? I haven't played in the RPG back when they were around the first, so all this Nostalgia you guys have is a bit strange to me. Would be nice if someone could just drop a few facts about that group on me.In my defense for not knowing, I have to say though I was very VERY active in other RPGs in the olden days.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I hate timezones. I miss everything.Anyway guys, a quick summary - the 'Kin' are going to be known as the Song. To answer Veef's question, the Song are not specifically aligned towards any faction currently on Mata-Nui. They exist as the standard-bearers for peace, justice, forgiveness, humility etc, and follow the teachings of their 'Great Master', a Spirit. How they will begin? You'll have to wait and see...though I recommend keeping an eye on Ga-Wahi... ;)The New Kin won't be appearing.Our other new group are called the Echo. They're not a reborn Santun or anything (throwing that kind of power around wouldn't be acceptable anymore, hehe...), rather, they are dream invaders and psychics who rely on sacrifices to fuel their power. Rahi sacrifices are good, but Toa sacrifices are better...oh, and they hate the Song, as they wish only to dominate and control. Again, not quite started yet, but I recommend paying close attention to events in Le-Wahi.As for romances, Lloyd is entirely correct - the Tommi/Alta romance was masterfully done, and, better yet, it wasn't pre-arranged. As far as I remember it just sort of happened. I too recommend not pre-arranging these, but if you are going to, your writing needs to be very, very good.Sera - good to see you here, buddy. I've decided to stay; I hope you do too. The rebirth of the Roses would certainly be something to see, but, regardless, you were the very best of us and an inspiration to everyone. I still fondly remember Takrah's story as one of the most interesting in any medium, from books to films. And that Trial was magnificent. :P

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

What is it about this year that has all the veterans coming out of the woodwork? :biggrin: It's terrific, but I think this might be the biggest veteran resurgence in a long time........

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

What is it about this year that has all the veterans coming out of the woodwork? :biggrin: It's terrific, but I think this might be the biggest veteran resurgence in a long time........

I'd say it's probably the reboot(s). Which are also what seems to brought all the new players. Edited by BenLuke-116

They're just following me, they love me so much. ;)To be fair, I think Lloyd's been here all along, and he was playing long before me.
[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kixo/bzp/bzpbanner.swf
Previously known as tahakki-nuva, Zyglakky Tahakky, Dougal and Mister Brown Sauce. :P
qs7001.jpg

They're just following me, they love me so much. ;) To be fair, I think Lloyd's been here all along, and he was playing long before me.
I don't think Lloyd ever really left. :)

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

All I'm going to say about overnight relationships is...Volin and Yasahiv. He literally walks up and says "you're hot, let's go a date" she says "ooh never done that before" and it's true love.That's all I'm going to say.

Ah, ah! You are wrong my good man. The two never said they love each other or are in a relationship. They're just friends right now; Yasashiv acting like a crazy Brakas and Volin along for the ride. It's not supposed to be some serious romance that you all seem so desperate to see. But, I bet if you all did see one, I'm sure you'd just hate on that one too...-Mef

I wake up, read some LotR, then I get on the computer and I have 7 pages to read.I've picked out the most interesting posts I could find that interested me

Like I've said before, Newbs like me AND BULIK, need Vets.

^edited

Look, I'd much rather be in a revival of the Kin, or the Daedra, or the Royal Court than have two characters kiss their way across the island.

Ditto

@Pein: Exactly! Most of my posts suck, bad. For those of you who might be wondering, I'm totally serious.

Me too!

As for the love shack, Rakata left, so Tairel is now single! There's now an opening in the hospital for another relationship!-Mef

Oh boy, not this again! *See all my characters run away from ta-koro* :P JK

About the rule on zamor launchers, if we have a character with an approved Zamor launcer, can we sell it? Or give it away? Or throw it off of a cliff? etc?

yeah, but just as long as you don't make a skadki or vortixx just to give it away.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

What is it about this year that has all the veterans coming out of the woodwork? :biggrin: It's terrific, but I think this might be the biggest veteran resurgence in a long time.......

I take some credit here.

Anyway guys, a quick summary - the 'Kin' are going to be known as the Song. To answer Veef's question, the Song are not specifically aligned towards any faction currently on Mata-Nui. They exist as the standard-bearers for peace, justice, forgiveness, humility etc, and follow the teachings of their 'Great Master', a Spirit. How they will begin? You'll have to wait and see...though I recommend keeping an eye on Ga-Wahi... ;)The New Kin won't be appearing.Our other new group are called the Echo. They're not a reborn Santun or anything (throwing that kind of power around wouldn't be acceptable anymore, hehe...), rather, they are dream invaders and psychics who rely on sacrifices to fuel their power. Rahi sacrifices are good, but Toa sacrifices are better...oh, and they hate the Song, as they wish only to dominate and control. Again, not quite started yet, but I recommend paying close attention to events in Le-Wahi.As for romances, Lloyd is entirely correct - the Tommi/Alta romance was masterfully done, and, better yet, it wasn't pre-arranged. As far as I remember it just sort of happened. I too recommend not pre-arranging these, but if you are going to, your writing needs to be very, very good.Sera - good to see you here, buddy. I've decided to stay; I hope you do too. The rebirth of the Roses would certainly be something to see, but, regardless, you were the very best of us and an inspiration to everyone.

I think Sera has been mostly convinced to stick around, which is good.All this is very interesting. I can't wait to see what you guys dish out, and hopefully will be able to work with you guys later on. I can't say i have the time to devote myself to yet another plot yet, in any case.

Sera - good to see you here, buddy. I've decided to stay; I hope you do too. The rebirth of the Roses would certainly be something to see, but, regardless, you were the very best of us and an inspiration to everyone.

I seriously doubt I will be resurrecting my "more-powerful-than-thou" masters of the universe characters anytime soon. I'm not sure the current environment suits it haha.Part of me wants to create an epic plot and take over the island but part of me is also realistic and knows that I don't really have time to do so. Hmmmmmm.

"The only difference between past and present..."

"...is semantics."
"Lives, lived, will live."
"Dies, died, will die."
"If we could perceive time as it truly was..."
"What reason would grammar professors have to get out of bed?"

BZPRPG Profiles

What's all this about a destroyed village in Ga-Wahi? I don't think you mean Ga-Koro, but there wasn't a village in the area before, was there?

No. It's a different village.-Snipe
You guys just might run into Emotia soon, if she ever gets out of the Tavern in Ga-koro anyway. :P

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ah, ah! You are wrong my good man. The two never said they love each other or are in a relationship. They're just friends right now; Yasashiv acting like a crazy Brakas and Volin along for the ride. It's not supposed to be some serious romance that you all seem so desperate to see. But, I bet if you all did see one, I'm sure you'd just hate on that one too...-Mef

Well, in my experience, you can write a convincing romance pretty well...if the player who plays the other character happens to be your SO in real life XD

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I say that rather than trying to write a decent romance, just go for adventure and fantasy instead. Although I'd be lying if I said I hadn't tried and failed to write an alright bit of romance, I do say that it's much easier to go for what Bionicle's really about.

^ This ^Anyhow, I assume all who want to take part in my villainous plot have contacted me at this point?

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Yashashiv and Volin just kissed after Yashashiv had a little blush-fest about how hot he apparently looks without mask on. I suppose that does not constitute a serious romance in your mind.

Sera - good to see you here, buddy. I've decided to stay; I hope you do too. The rebirth of the Roses would certainly be something to see, but, regardless, you were the very best of us and an inspiration to everyone.

I seriously doubt I will be resurrecting my "more-powerful-than-thou" masters of the universe characters anytime soon. I'm not sure the current environment suits it haha.Part of me wants to create an epic plot and take over the island but part of me is also realistic and knows that I don't really have time to do so. Hmmmmmm.
Personally, I was hoping for the Roses to return. I've been interested in them ever since I started reading their page on the wiki...I really like the concept.But they are your idea. It's not like I have any power in this sitch. Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.