Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

You left the Infernavika with a 5% chance of survival.I feel little to no pity.-Teezy

I'm not sure how to fix the ship in a way that can't be called G-Modding. The Aggressors will pay.Oh, and you guys forgot Krayn! He's being drowned by Grochi! Oi! Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

You should try being the guy who just had his ship, which happens to be the most famous in the game, destroyed by a bunch of trigger-happy crack shots who are too busy going all fire and blood to comprehend a rather reasonable request.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Seriously, one Toa isn't powerful enough to do that sorta stuff.I'm still slightly angry. lol, for the first time while playing this RPG. :P

In fairness, one Toa could do that. Kiox didn't have to create the water, he just had to manipulate it. So it was child's play for a Toa of Water. Also, you have pretty much destroyed the Infernavika. I have no pity.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Seriously, one Toa isn't powerful enough to do that sorta stuff.I'm still slightly angry. lol, for the first time while playing this RPG. :P

And we're still slightly angry for you slamming your dang ship into ours, so we're even.Scratch "slightly" out.I have no pity either.-Dovydas Edited by Dovydas of Gulet

And we're still slightly angry for you slamming your dang ship into ours, so we're even.Scratch "slightly" out.-Dovydas
+1 and add all the other stuff to that. One simple request, not destroy the ship.

fK5oqYf.jpg

I recall earlier in this topic, that I asked people not to pitch a fight with the ILS "just because". I was basically told I would need to suck it up if the village got torn apart, because it can be built as easily as it can be destroyed.... Does that not apply to ships as well?

You should try being the guy who just had his ship, which happens to be the most famous in the game, destroyed by a bunch of trigger-happy crack shots who are too busy going all fire and blood to comprehend a rather reasonable request.-Teezy

I feel sad that no one could. :(

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I recall earlier in this topic, that I asked people not to pitch a fight with the ILS "just because". I was basically told I would need to suck it up if the village got torn apart, because it can be built as easily as it can be destroyed.... Does that not apply to ships as well?

That's different. It's like PC mounts: you can't kill them without permission. Same with vehicles.A ship isn't a faction. The crew who are onboard are. Not the ship itself.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I mean honestly, the Infernavika can take a ramming. It could even take a bit of fire. Karz, maybe it could even have handled the explosives. When you add in more, it just becomes excessive.Oh, and unfortunately Snelly, we don't have any Toa of those elements. :(

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

In 2010, we had airships and personal vehicles, and they were sacred. A character's ship, whether it plies air or water, belongs to the character, and is no less an extension of the player than the character itself. Now, 2010 is long gone, as are the days of airships and aerial battles, but the common sense behind it still applies to this day. It's no longer in the rules because ships are not an integral part of this game now, but with the reemergence of them here, along came the abuse.Guys, destroying another person's ship is a no-no. It's like killing a character -- you can't do it without explicitly granted permission. Every hit the vessel takes has to be recorded as legitimate by its owner, just like how when playing a fight between characters must be turn-by-turn. Nowhere did I see anyone say that they wanted their ship to be damaged, dismantled, or heaven forbid destroyed. What happened was not legitimate.Plus, what happened violated two parts of Tuck's Common Sense Guide: Fortresses Are Tough Nuts to Crack and Plans Are NOT Perfect. Every man's ship is his fortress, and every scheme to liberate a Turaga from it is a plan. Both of these rules fell like a house of cards because a few people wanted some lulz and adventure.Not cool.I can't pass judgement, but I can at least let you guys know where you stand with the rules. Now go to your rooms, sulk for a while, and be mature. As I always say, the character's actions are only as advanced as the people who control them. Stop proving my narcissistic and pessimistic views right.

Edited by James Lester

Now go to your rooms, sulk for a while, and be mature.

Trust me, that's all I've done since I ruined things for some people.
*Shrugs*Hey, blame isn't all yours. No one can claim complete responsibility.As for what happens now, well, the pirates will probably want revenge on the Aggressors. And after that vice versa.Oh, and Snelly? Krayn can't do anything. Krayn is busy being drowned by Grochi. Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ok, I haven'trread through Ta-Wahi for about 10 minutes, and when I came back there I got really confused. Could someone explain to me what else happened to the Fowadi? I got the destroyed mast, lightning arcing out and charring parts, but thats it.

Kiox did the whole water thing. I think that is it. Oh, and everyone save Dehkaz abandoned ship.

fK5oqYf.jpg