BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

Yes. Yes it does. But that doesn't mean it'd be better to have no list at all.

Doesn't it? What's to be gained from a list? All having one does is to risk us being stuck with a game that we don't want. There's nothing stopping someone from saying "I'd like to host the main series game after the next one" and everyone else saying "that's a dandy idea." But we shouldn't set these things in stone.

And I'm not saying we should. I don't want a list that, once written, is permanent. I don't want a list that says "you can host and you can't" and so on. I just want an easily accessible collection of those who have requested to host. As Luroka mentioned, it's a pain in the butt to have to look through six or seven pages to figure out who wants to host something when in the near future.

If those who want to host can't be bothered to reiterate their desires to do so, when the time comes round, then that hardly speaks well for their potentials as game-masters.

• Upvote 6

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

6 - 5.

If those who want to host can't be bothered to reiterate their desires to do so, when the time comes round, then that hardly speaks well for their potentials as game-masters.

That is a valid point, but those others who want to host a game would like to see who wants to host what for the sake of convenience.

The list would certainly be tentative and only extend a few games ahead. I'd suggest a rule where one can only "claim" a game up to three games ahead of the current game. I have no intention of seeing a list extending a hundred or so games into the future.

bBhcfWO.png

I only "second" it if the following conditions are met:

-Small amount of claimed games. Only a few in advanced, three at the most

-It's not rigid. If someone doesn't want to host their game due to time when it's their turn, someone else may step in

-If you're on a claimed list, you can't immediately claim another game as soon as you're done hosting. This is so we can have more than an eternal loop of four people hosting.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

The list would certainly be tentative and only extend a few games ahead. I'd suggest a rule where one can only "claim" a game up to three games ahead of the current game. I have no intention of seeing a list extending a hundred or so games into the future.

That is a valid point, but those others who want to host a game would like to see who wants to host what for the sake of convenience.

How about a non-binding list of games proposed in the past thirty days (or some such period of time)? Something like this:

Games Proposed (Past Thirty Days):

Nemo Aliquid:

Visorak Mafia:

Four Visorak menace the village of BZ-Koro, sending one of their number to kill or mutate a Villager each night.

The Village, together with Keetongu and three Rahaga, must see past Makuta Chirox's illusion and root out the dangerous Rahi.

Roles:

Visorak (4):

Each Rahi can be sent at Night to kill or to mutate.

Oohnorak-Can send anonymous telepathic messages to confuse and demoralize the Villagers.

Keelerak-Can kill any player, even protected ones.

Boggarak-Can paralyze one player, each night.

Roporak-If detected by Iruni, it will register as a Villager.

Hordika (?):

These Mutated Villagers can be sent to kill by the Visorak.

They do not know the identities of the Visorak, nor of the other Hordika.

Keetongu:

Every other night, he can attempt to cure a Hordika

Rahaga (3):

Pouks-Each night, he can paralyze a player.

Iruni-Each night he can investigate a player.

Norik-Each night, he can protect a player.

Yetintheunderground:

Time-Loop Mafia:

Players repeat the same three-day cycle until either all three Mafiosi are dead, or all three Paladins are.

At the end of each cycle, all players return to life, and all roles save two (one Paladin and one Mafioso) are reshuffled.

Autviaminveniam:

Champion Mafia:

Two factions, the Mafia and the Paladins, seek to destroy the other by enlisting Villagers to do their dirty work.

Each Villager is neutral, and wins by surviving until one faction is eliminated.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

Autviaminveniam:

Champion Mafia:

Two factions, the Mafia and the Paladins, seek to destroy the other by enlisting Villagers to do their dirty work.

Each Villager is neutral, and wins by surviving until one faction is eliminated.

this sounds a lot like 2FA

1Ydp0mg.jpg

How about a non-binding list of games proposed in the past thirty days (or some such period of time)? Something like this:

Non-binding, maybe, but, thirty days is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short for most games.

I also still don't like the idea that games have to be proposed ahead of time, because I know for a fact that if wind of how mine works got out, probably no-one would join or vote for it.

Since a lot of people seem to be anti-list, I'll propose a alternate solution: We make voting for the next game a little more formal. Whenever one game begins to draw to an end, anyone who wants to host may state their interest in doing so. This can range from presenting game concepts to just saying "I would like to host." Everyone else then votes for who gets it.

This would not only prevent hosts from disappearing, but I think it would be better then the current "I want to host, any objections? Okay, it's settled, I'm hosting."

Edited by Valendale
  • Upvote 7

Since a lot of people seem to be anti-list, I'll propose a alternate solution: We make voting for the next game a little more formal. Whenever one game begins to draw to an end, anyone who wants to host may state their interest in doing so. This can range from presenting game concepts to just saying "I would like to host." Everyone else then votes for who gets it.

This would not only prevent hosts from disappearing, but I think it would be better then the current "I want to host, any objections? Okay, it's settled, I'm hosting."

I like this idea.

• Upvote 1

Non-binding, maybe, but, thirty days is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short for most games.

Thirty days was just a rough figure. I wasn't suggesting it as the ideal length.

I also still don't like the idea that games have to be proposed ahead of time, because I know for a fact that if wind of how mine works got out, probably no-one would join or vote for it.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I didn't mean to say that games should need to be proposed ahead of time, merely that it might work to have a helpful but superfluous list of any games proposed within a set period of time. Come to think of it, there wouldn't be any harm in simply including those who want to host on the list, with actual details as optional. But I don't like the idea of a queue.

That's how we did it when I hosted "Personality Crisis," if I recall correctly.

I suppose that in order to prevent that scenario, we would need to agree on a minimum required number of votes.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

Considering that it is now 2015, I thought I'd just say I'd really like to see a game influenced by 2015 BIONICLE with Skull Spiders, Protectors, and other things taken from G2 Bonkle. I know that's irrelevant to the recent discussion, but this is the place for general mafia discussion, no?

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Well... I meant to not ever host a Mafia game again, but a concept popped into my head today that's simply too good not to use; so I'd like to toss my hat into the ring to host a side game at some point.

Also, on that note, who the heck is hosting the next side game?

Well... I meant to not ever host a Mafia game again, but a concept popped into my head today that's simply too good not to use; so I'd like to toss my hat into the ring to host a side game at some point.

Also, on that note, who the heck is hosting the next side game?

Seaborgium, I think

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Also, for the main series games, if hosts want me to whip up a banner thing for them (like the ones for XVIII, XIX, XX, XXI, and XXII), just PM me and I'll gladly do so. 

Once Majhost stops being dead.

Brickshelf, the BZP gallery, and other photo websites are all still up =P 

I can upload elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

So, XX is closed, and XXI is on its way. Might as well get my thoughts down, eh?
Well, to start off with, I can safely say that XX went MUCH better than 2FA did. Though I made many an error when accounting votes, I didn’t close voting incredibly early. Not only that, but I feel as if I wrote a bit better this time around. A bit more serious, to be sure.
Other than the player list.
That’s just going to be something I always do, though.
I enjoyed watching the Village’s performance, finding clues with incredible efficiency, and eliminating every single non-wholly village-aligned role in the game. The first two Pyros were quickly disposed of, and it was surprising how quickly that was done. Despite the argument that sprung up when Portal decided to off himself, and when numerous people felt quite angry, I still view the game, overall, as a success. It was fun to write the scenes, it was fun to watch as clues got figured out (And I am amazed that the Archduke Ferdinand clue got figured out as quickly as it did. I did not expect that) and very fun wrapping up the game. The fact the Village won with not a single village-caused casualty is astounding in and of itself, especially since (as far as I know) there were no leaks post-King. It was a good game. I enjoyed hosting it, and I don’t even know if I’ll host again, or if I’ll be able to do better than XX. It was leagues better than 2FA to me, but hey. You never know if you don’t try.
(fun fact: overall, the scenes+op was just under 8,000 words. With my thoughts, and this sentence, it is 8040 words long! Woo!)

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

The fact the Village won with not a single village-caused casualty is astounding in and of itself, especially since (as far as I know) there were no leaks post-King.

I, at the very least, can confirm that what little detective work I did was wholly legitimate

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I might actually get a spot this time for once. =P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )