BIONICLE MAFIA XIX: THE VOLTEX CONSTANT

Voltex

QP is guilty. Ehks is guilty.

While I, for obvious reasons, vehemently disagree with the former claim, the later I think bears some weight. Ehks has been somewhat... removed. He watches the action, comments on it, but seems unenthused. He grumbled at the clue Burnmad's identity being too obvious, instead of celebrating at a Mafioso's death.

wat.

That clue was so obvious, it...didn't make sense for it to be Burn. Eh. Guess I'm too used to having to search really hard for clues and think about stuff harder/less obviously because of XVIII.

The only problem is that the person supporting it is lying about my guilt, so I'm not certain why he'd attempt to bring down a genuine Mafioso, unless he's hoping that the death of an innocent (yours truly) due to his advice will clear his comrade's name. Convoluted, certainly, but plausible.

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

That is convoluted indeed. In fact, I'm quite certain that you made no sound argument.

Even if I was guilty, how would the Mafia benefit from the death of an innocent? Making their own members seem untrustworthy would be a bit silly this late in the game.

I think you're suggesting that I am Mafia, and by claiming both you and Ehks are guilty, Ehks benefits from your death as an innocent... but if that was the plan of the Mafia, why not just never mention the names of any truly guilty players?

By the way - I was correct concerning Burnmad's guilt, was I not? If it was a Mafia gambit to get people to believe the information coming from Xaeraz and myself (his informant), it certainly failed, and I think that a competent Mafia would've long since abandoned a strategy that kills their own members with out gain. (I fathom Xaeraz and myself to be competent, so) I hope you understand that I find it a bit strange that you'd suggest we've done that.

You and Ehks are competent; Portal and Burn are competent; I have no doubt that we have a fully stacked Mafia this time around. It's a nice challenge to put up with.

Edited by Chro

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

That is convoluted indeed. In fact, I'm quite certain that you made no sound argument.

Even if I was guilty, how would the Mafia benefit from the death of an innocent? Making their own members seem untrustworthy would be a bit silly this late in the game.

I think you're suggesting that I am Mafia, and by claiming both you and Ehks are guilty, Ehks benefits from your death as an innocent... but if that was the plan of the Mafia, why not just never mention the names of any truly guilty players?

Simple, Ehks becomes the proverbial cockroach, having gained an immunity he would otherwise lack.

And as for voting Burnmad, that's hardly the greatest way to bolster your credibility, given how obvious the clue was. Its not as if the Mafiosi are going to be caught all being the only ones to vote for someone.

gZsNWyr.png

Just before you continue digging, might I remind everyone who, uh, started this mess with me? =)

That's a non-sequitur. Just because I got an innocent killed doesn't make me a Mafioso. Otherwise most of the players would be Mafiosi, since they readily voted with me.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

Just before you continue digging, might I remind everyone who, uh, started this mess with me? =)

That's a non-sequitur. Just because I got an innocent killed doesn't make me a Mafioso. Otherwise most of the players would be Mafiosi, since they readily voted with me.

For the record: I'm pretty sure we've established in a previous game that the town kills way more innocents than the Mafia does. =P

*Snaps fingers*

Edited by Colonel Roy Mustang

For the record: I'm pretty sure we've established in a previous game that the town kills way more innocents than the Mafia does. =P

*Snaps fingers*

The village are the true criminals here

those poor mafia are just so misunderstood

• Upvote 3

*Snaps fingers*

The village are the true criminals here

those poor mafia are just so misunderstood

We are not criminals, merely overenthusiastic fanatics. The Mafiosi are but our slightly more phlegmatic cousins.

gZsNWyr.png

Pretty sure you got two innocents killed. Once with me, and once later on with Gengar. Your logic was flawed, and you knew it. Can't speak for the others, but there were a number of people who were saying that it was a bad idea.

see; the issue is, you started the bandwagon. Doesn't matter if people hop on it, because they don't always have an idea who to vote... The person who starts it, though, especially when they look into stuff to find reasons, aren't quite so innocent.

Again, I'd stop digging a hole about now.

Pretty sure you got two innocents killed. Once with me, and once later on with Gengar. Your logic was flawed, and you knew it. Can't speak for the others, but there were a number of people who were saying that it was a bad idea.

I actually got three innocents killed (though I did prevent a quadruple hang.) Though it was JAG18 and someone else I can't remember (not Gengar) the second time. I admitted that my interpretation of the clue was a stretch, so it's not as if I didn't warn people. I admitted to being "rather uncertain." My main motivation both times was preventing the Mafia from throwing the vote. And no, very few sad that it was a bad idea. They all merrily jumped on the bandwagon.

see; the issue is, you started the bandwagon. Doesn't matter if people hop on it, because they don't always have an idea who to vote... The person who starts it, though, especially when they look into stuff to find reasons, aren't quite so innocent.

Your logic is flawed. They, like me, did not actively think it a bad idea, or if they did, did not say so. I was just doing what Xaerez was doing on Day Two, only with less successful results. If I had been right, you'd all be singing my praises. Are you really suggesting that we oughtn't to have reasons to vote? It's not as if everyone who justifies a bandwagon is a Mafioso.That would be ridiculous.

gZsNWyr.png

I wouldn't be singing your praises because I have confirmed that you are a member of the Mafia. :|
Saying "I'm not sure about this" before accusing someone should be fine, but around here it seems to have no effect. Accusations are accusations no matter how uncertain you are about them; you still brought it up.

Simple, Ehks becomes the proverbial cockroach, having gained an immunity he would otherwise lack.
And as for voting Burnmad, that's hardly the greatest way to bolster your credibility, given how obvious the clue was. Its not as if the Mafiosi are going to be caught all being the only ones to vote for someone.

"Convoluted"
"What do you mean?"
"Simple"

While I now understand what you're trying to say, I will continue to argue that a plan like that would cast unnecessary suspicion and danger for Ehks and the Mafia as a whole. We are relatively late in the game and the Mafia is relatively strong, as you well know. I would suggest that simply not bringing any attention to Ehks at all would be more effective and take far less unneeded risk.

The village's goal is to eliminate that Mafia advantage, primarily by double-hanging Ehks and yourself during the next round.

As Blade recommends: put down the shovel.

but their spirits

I wouldn't be singing your praises because I have confirmed that you are a member of the Mafia. :|

Saying "I'm not sure about this" before accusing someone should be fine, but around here it seems to have no effect. Accusations are accusations no matter how uncertain you are about them; you still brought it up.

"Convoluted"

"What do you mean?"

"Simple"

While I now understand what you're trying to say, I will continue to argue that a plan like that would cast unnecessary suspicion and danger for Ehks and the Mafia as a whole. We are relatively late in the game and the Mafia is relatively strong, as you well know. I would suggest that simply not bringing any attention to Ehks at all would be more effective and take far less unneeded risk.

The village's goal is to eliminate that Mafia advantage, primarily by double-hanging Ehks and yourself during the next round.

As Blade recommends: put down the shovel.

"Put down the shovel?" I have nothing to lose by defending myself, given whom I have been accused by. If I fail to convince the rest of the Village of your perfidy, then I die as I would have regardless. On the off-chance I succeed, I save my hide and prevent another unnecessary death.

gZsNWyr.png

I actually got three innocents killed (though I did prevent a quadruple hang.) Though it was JAG18 and someone else I can't remember (not Gengar) the second time. I admitted that my interpretation of the clue was a stretch, so it's not as if I didn't warn people. I admitted to being "rather uncertain." My main motivation both times was preventing the Mafia from throwing the vote. And no, very few sad that it was a bad idea. They all merrily jumped on the bandwagon.

Your logic is flawed. They, like me, did not actively think it a bad idea, or if they did, did not say so. I was just doing what Xaerez was doing on Day Two, only with less successful results. If I had been right, you'd all be singing my praises. Are you really suggesting that we oughtn't to have reasons to vote? It's not as if everyone who justifies a bandwagon is a Mafioso.That would be ridiculous.

You prevented a quad hang which would've taken out a Mafian for sure, so... You kinda aren't helping your case there. Especially since, you know, you were a mafian throwing the vote. =|

Also, my logic is not flawed. You in fact bolstered it. Not once, not twice, but three times you have twisted the voting to your own ideals. =| Not everyone who justifies a bandwagon is a mafian; but everyone who grasps for straws to do so is.

I know exactly who is the killer who got away for my scene, too. You eliminating me merely helped rule out a suspect. =)

• Upvote 1

"Put down the shovel?" I have nothing to lose by defending myself, given whom I have been accused by. If I fail to convince the rest of the Village of your perfidy, then I die as I would have regardless. On the off-chance I succeed, I save my hide and prevent another unnecessary death.

I assure you, QP, every Mafia death is a necessary one. Your death, and Ehks', will clearly prevent multiple unnecessary village deaths, no?

You're going to lose your life either way, if I have any say in the matter.

I've received the PMs; just waiting until tonight to write the final scene for our dear target.

Haha

Final scene

Ha.

but their spirits

NIGHT SEVEN

Xaeraz handed Chro the sheet of paper in a rush before vanishing in the dark, whispering, “kill them all!” to the other player. Chro was left alone in the hallway as his ally vanished into the shadows, the power flickering off.

Something had gone disastrously wrong, and although eliminating the Mafia hunting them had become one of their primary goals, both suspected that something far more sinister was at work within what used to be Mt. Power.

Left on his own with only the sporadically placed and dimly lit emergency lights for company, Chro crept through the darkness, crumpling the note that Xaeraz had given to him in his fist. For over an hour he journeyed that way, his thoughts plagued with suspicion and fear.

Somewhere above him, something creaked ominously.

Swishswishswish

BANG!

The emergency lights powered down at something crashing, plunging the hallway that Chro was stuck within into absolute darkness. Chro remained as still as possible, half-crouched, before taking a shuddering breath and begin to creep forward again.

Something clattered to the ground in front of him and he froze once more as a shape loomed out of the darkness - the lights flashed back on -

Chro fought back a scream at the sight of Xaeraz swinging on a rope that dangled from the ceiling; blood oozed from his neck where the rope had cut into it. Shuddering, Chro slowly edged past his fallen comrade, aiming to make contact with the rest of the group once more. They needed to know that Xaeraz had fallen.

Xaeraz (Detective) killed by Mafia.

The Drifter named Chro, Toa Chuck, Manducus, and Tyler as innocent of the latest crime, after mourning the loss of Xaeraz.

VOTE!

Edited by CHRIS PRATT
  • Upvote 5

Listen up, folks.

Obviously, I was not Xaeraz's contact; he was mine. Clearly the Mafia was aware of this, and my ploy failed entirely. But that does nothing to discredit me.

Xaeraz, the Detective, has confirmed the guilt of Quisoves Pugnat and Ehks.

We need to take those two down, but if Ehks' vote is any indication, it appears that the entire Mafia is going to vote for Smooth Jazz, to lynch him instead of them. A Mafia double hang is no longer feasible because, as the numbers go, they have no reason to hide their intentions and identities anymore.

So we need to take out QP and Ehks one at a time... there's no other way for us to do it.

I vote Ehks.

but their spirits

I knew this was gonna happen. As soon as taka was done for, so was I. Still, if the village doesn't trust those I've named by now, they are fools all.

All are not the same

But three shall be as one

Freedom in the flame

The end has just begun

Hey! If you've been inactive for the entire game, please show up and help us out. Vote for Ehks this round.

Numerically, the village has a strong chance of victory if we play our cards carefully. But all our planning falls apart if no actual voting occurs.

• Upvote 1

but their spirits

Hey! If you've been inactive for the entire game, please show up and help us out. Vote for Ehks this round.

Numerically, the village has a strong chance of victory if we play our cards carefully. But all our planning falls apart if no actual voting occurs.

I know a couple people that would love to help

Too bad they were late to signups an all that

• Upvote 3

Xaeraz (Detective) killed by Mafia.

#rekt

You prevented a quad hang which would've taken out a Mafian for sure, so..

For the record, I did tell him not to do that. After all, if he hadn't, the game would be over now. =P

*Snaps fingers*