Corpus Rahkshi

Wyrd Bid Ful Araed

OOC: You said the blade was already over his head and you just let gravity take over. A massive swing with strength behind it would take lifting up of the blade and smashing it down. Since it wasn't that high above Zex so it doesn't have enough time to gain speed.

IC: Zex

I managed to push the blade a little but to no avail. However I managed to push it enough to make make it hit my shoulder. It smashes my shoulder armor.

"KARZ" I hiss.

I rip my arm away from the blade.

"Can you just leave?" I yell at the intruder.

I create a series of pillars of varying heights which I start jumping around on at the same time I will the gym to cover up the light.

"If I keep moving this karzhead won't get me." I think.

OOC: 2 in Shark, 7 on floor, 11 in bag.

OOC: Also I noticed. You are using a "enormous, like seriously massive, Draconian sword." A sword as big as you say would need time to swing. Also it would be very tiring to swing due to the massive size.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

OOC: I figured "brought his sword down" implied a swing, but perhaps there was confusion. I apologize.

Also, note that in his profile I specifically described him as, and I have copy-pasted this, "Huge and strong enough to put a fearsome force behind the brutal swings of his sword." He's a big guy, perfectly capable of wielding his sword for an extended duration.

IC: Shark / Gym: Zex Enclosure

Shark watched as Zex fled, but more importantly he listened for the fear in his voice. Zex was a strong Rahkshi... but the fear crept through, just the same. Perhaps inside Shark felt some triumph at this, but his gaze was as emotionless as ever.

He sheathed his sword and willed the Gym to open up a hole in the wall, and as Zex was exerting his mental influence on pillars and darkness the Gym complied. He left the enclosure, prepared of course for any sneak attack, and began to head to the Infirmary, pulling the knives out of his armor as he went. It was painful, but he held tight to his tenet of unexpression.

OOC: No hard feelings, I hope?

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

OOC: No hard feelings. Its a game. :D

IC: Zex

I was annoyed and at the same time frightened. If killing rahkshi angered people to try to kill me and at the same time motivated people to fight me I would be eventually killed.

"Time to leave" I think to myself.

Hearing silence I reactivated the lights. I see that my opponent is no longer there. I clear the water and pick up my knives.

"KARZ. HE STOLE 2 OF MY KNIVES!" I hiss.

I imagine a parkour course and begin practicing. Also I imagine the walls becoming thicker.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

IC: Fang - Hallways

"Your..." Of course, the arm. He had been so caught up in his own thoughts he hadn't noticed the difference. Fang scowled at the sudden realization. Exxan's one punishment, and Kat was the one to end it.

"I... I left it in her room. She just... picked it up."

This was precisely why he didn't want a relationship. Kat could no longer be seen as just Fang's "friend." She was Exxan's bargaining chip.

IC: Hoto - Courtyard

She had given up on Malebranche and in the lesson, disappointing Era each time. She couldn't do it again.

"Sure," she said. A little more energy seemed to come into her voice. "Let's give it a shot."

Even if something went wrong, she had her friends by her side.

IC: Tube - Causeway

Tube was more confused than ever. "But... the only one that has a chain is the yellow one with no eyes... and the Twin... I don't think they would like that."

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

IC: Exxan - Hallway.

"Oh, is that so?" I smiled. "Then why did she say that you two were together?" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Fang - Hallways

"She... she did?"

It came as no surprise to him. They had decided as much in the Cauldron. What he couldn't figure out was where this sudden trust of Exxan had come from. Kat had run away from Alpha just because she was reminded of Omega, yet she was being so friendly to his murderer.

"Why would she tell you?" he hissed.

IC: Hoto - Empty Dorm Wing

Hoto stumbled off after Kat for a while before regaining her balance and falling into her usual rhythm. Despite her confidence earlier, she still had her doubts. As the sounds of the students faded into the silence of the empty dorm wing, she quivered more and more with nervous energy.

It seemed impossible to be nervous here. It was so... peaceful. She listened intently to the sounds of their feet running through the hall, and she could almost hear Jayar's kind words echoing through the rooms. It did help, just a little.

IC: Squid

Squid couldn't resist the temptation of delicious food anymore. He put down his brush and dashed to the doorway and threw open the sash door. There was a small crate of food outside, along with a Rahkshi. The box looked like it contained about 1/3 of the food that he had, and it seemed like it was just fruit. Squid shook the Rahkshi's hand and went back inside.

"I'll share some with you, you must be hungry."

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

"Do I look like a mind-reading Rahkshi?" My tone came out harsher than I'd intended, so I did my best to make up for it. "Look, I'm sorry about the selfishness thing. You do genuinely care about others. But that makes you the exception, not the rule." 

I turned and started to walk away. "I guess that makes you a better person, if not a better Rahkshi, than me...." 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Era - Empty Dormitory Wing

​I did my best to pay attention to my surroundings, but it was hard to accurately keep track of where I was when I was being dragged along by an over-enthusiastic Fear Rahkshi. "I didn't know this part of the school even existed...." I said in wonder, "....I didn't think there was anywhere quieter than the library." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Kat:

I stopped outside of one of the larger empty rooms in this section.

Not even the Porters came this way very often, and I'd only been here a few times myself. 

Sometimes, even I need a little quiet time.

I opened the door to what looked to be an empty classroom. High ceilings, wide open space. Perfect.

"Here we are," I said, rather quietly. It felt wrong in a way to disturb the peace.

• Upvote 1

IC: Rain - Squid's Dorm

Rain took cover as best as she could as Squid opened the door. No one else could see her like this, with paint all chipped. "Are you crazy?" she whispered harshly from behind the cupboard. "Don't let anyone in here!"

The sweet smell of food better than the slop did manage to draw her out of her hiding place after the door closed. There were so many to choose from, so many smells and so many colors! She could hardly keep herself restrained as she reached in a hand to grab a red one. "Eh... maybe a little."

IC: Fang - Infirmary

If Exxan could say it, there must be some grain of truth to it. Fang turned back and walked into the Infirmary, unable to think of how to respond.

The Infirmary was a madhouse. It always seemed to be nowadays. Palma was running herself ragged, even with Jayar and another Rahkshi helping. Fang carefully helped to lift Vaalku onto a bed. "Palma, we've got another one. And he's bad."

IC: Hoto - Empty Dorm Wing

"It would be a good place for echolocation training," Hoto responded to Era. "...that is... if you ever needed to try it..."

Her echoes took slightly longer to bounce back in the room Kat walked into. It was large, but was it large enough? Hoto didn't have an idea of what to expect.

"So... what do we do?" she asked, hoping someone had an answer.

IC: Era - Empty Dormitory Wing.

"I guess we just.... hold hands.... or combine powers.... or something...." I honestly had no idea. "Zivon, off you go," I patted the bird's shoulder, and he flapped away, landing on something above us, perhaps a chandelier. "Kat? Do you have any ideas?" 

IC: Sidonas - Library

Sidonas, finishing his encoded writings, took his things and left, he walked through the hallways and went straight to his Dorm, hoping Recoil, and any who had seen the signs he left who were interested, had, or would, soon show up. He set his stuff down on his desk, laid down, and stared at the ceiling, counting and thinking until they came.

Maybe I should get Recoil something, show her how much I care...

Question is: What does she like?

She seemed interested in the crossbow gauntlet, perhaps she enjoys weapons over food or literary works.

Or decor.

Yeah, sure. So, ranged weapons?

A few swords and a bow or some form of blaster.

You and I think the same.

Well, we are the same person.

Good point.

At that, Sidonas went to his desk and looked through his notes on what he knew of diplomatic relations.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

OOC Minor bunny approved by both characters involved.

IC Kat/Empty room:

"Your guess is as good as mine. Let's try it your way, we'll atke hands, and... just focus on being something more, I suppose?"

I took one of each of their hands again, this time less urgently.

We stood in a circle, and I closed my eyes.

There was a long moment of complete silence, and I was almost sure it wasn't working.

And then my head went fuzzy.

And the room disappeared for a brief moment. 

this is a weird feeling.

I started walking, deep in thought.

OOC: Exxan open for interaction. 

IC: Dekako (Hoto) - Empty Dorm Wing

Hoto stood apart from the others for a moment, keeping her hands wrapped around her staff. The twisted blades at the end rang with her nervousness.

What would it be like? What's going to happen? Is it... safe?

But Kat beckoned to her, and she couldn't refuse. She had already committed. She had promised herself to try and be brave.

She slowly slipped her hand into Kat's, expecting... something. A sudden burst of energy, the feeling of tearing apart and assembling together... something! But there was only silence. Then there was... something.

It was like the... the... she didn't know words to describe it. Something changed. Her mind... their mind began... picking up something new. Where she only heard clicks and echoes and guessed at the form, now it lay before her eyes...

Eyes...

She tried to run. She could almost feel herself pushing back. It was too much. But... there was a new resistance to her legs. They were... bigger, and... not entirely her own. Her hands grasped at her staff, wanting... no, needing to hear that comforting note. But they wouldn't quite respond, though her arms... all four of them, seemed to wait for a reply to her request.

She did the only thing she could do. Nononononono! she screamed in her mind... their mind. She could... feel Kat and Era there, like they were still standing next to her, but... she could feel more. Her thoughts were no longer just her own. She could "hear" Kat and Era reacting to the Kaita, and she desperately reached out to stop the flow of her own thoughts. All those doubts, all the insecurities, all the memories she had pushed back now flooded out into their shared mind.

What's... what's going on? Stop it! Stop it!

• Upvote 3

IC: Sidonas - Dorm

Sidonas dug through his notes, looking at his schematic for the sword gauntlet while he waited for Recoil and any who were interested in his negotiation plan. He looked back on the half-finished sword gauntlet.

If my plans work, this device will act like a small blade that can extend into a detachable sword when needed. If I use the same mechanic I used with the crossbow; the retractable weapon design, then I may yet make a tool very practical in stealth and average combat. A small retractible blade, no larger then a medium sized dagger, one that when allowed, extends into a sword the length of a Rahk's arm. If only I could make it detachable in a simplistic way.

After looking over his notes, Sidonas glanced over at the gauntlet; it was half-finished and needed pins to hold it together. If the negotiations with the Ghosts of Phantom-On-The-Water worked out, then all would be fine. If not, where would he get his supplies? Stealing from the ghosts' stock? It was something to be left for another day. Sidonas went back to his door and opened it just a crack, then he fell back in his bed and stared at the door.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

IC: Dekako (Era) Empty Dormitory Wing.

Hoto, please calm down! my mental voice (is it really a voice? I don't know) cuts through the flood of panic that's threatening to overwhelm our collective mental consciousness. I try to think soothing thoughts, doing my best not to focus on the outward aspects of the situation, trying to ignore the unfamiliar sensation of our new body, and instead look inward, to Kat and Hoto. 

This is about focus. If we can't work together, we'll fall apart. I reach out, trying to get through to Hoto. 

Hoto, can you hear me? Think of happy things. Like....hugs. Hugs are happy, right? 

IC Dekako (Kat) Empty room:

Almost immediately, my mind was under a barrage of other thoughts that weren't entirely my own, but, then... weren't entirely not my own.

I'd describe what being in a huge new body felt like, but at the moment, it felt like it was in danger of falling apart.

"Easy, Hoto, we're here. It's just us."

Even as I thought so, memories, mostly sounds, assaulted my thoughts. Sensations flowed over me, fear chief among them. 

Luckily, I know fear.

And I knew how to counter my own weapon.

I poured myself out into the collective consciousness, my determination, my resolute, easy going nature. Offering what made me strong to the others.

And mentally hugging Hoto, of course. 

Karz, this was a weird experience.

IC: Illusive - Dorms.

I returned to the school, swiftly navigating the corridors without drawing attention to myself. Once I reached my dorm I locked the door and started cleaning the blood off my weapons and armour. My brother's battered flail took pride of place in the middle of my desk. I didn't have the strength or skill to use it, but I kept it, as a reminder, of every one and thing that made me who I was today.

Once I was done washing the blood away, I started digging around my room. I always had lots of paper and writing implements lying around, and I needed them now more than ever before. Gathering up an armful of sheets, I dumped them on an empty part of my desk and sat down, already beginning to write. 

My work had only just begun. 

IC Poly:

We regarded the second Rahkshi once more, looking him over with careful eyes.

~this one hides behind a mask, perhaps?~

*many do. our obligation is to them*

What of us? We also hide behind a mask.

*out of necessity. they would not understand us*

~they would destroy us~

Of course. For the greater good.

"Anyone can be shown the path, to walk it is but your own decision. If you are willing, I can help you."

IC: Dekako (Hoto) - Empty Dorm Wing

She could feel Era and Kat reaching out to her. Her little corner of the mind, trying to push itself out, was surrounded by calming thoughts. Kat lent her determination, Era lent her focus. But still the outpouring came, pushing back against anything they could send at her.

She could only watch helplessly as it slipped away. Her regret about hitting Era. The time she learned how to identify electricity from a particularly vicious Rahi. It wore deeper and deeper into her consciousness.

She grasped at the last pieces, but they had no physical form to touch. There was no "appearance" she could identify with her new eyes.

The first came as only shouting and clicking. There was no memory of shape yet. It was too early. But it only made the vanishing voices all the more distinct. Fang was there, growing softer and softer as he carried away his guilt. He was quickly covered by enraged Matoran, banging of weapons and pure terror. Then that too faded until all that was heard was the staccato clicks of her joints. She ran away. They would have killed her. She had no choice but to be left behind.

The second was close and claustrophobic, but calming. There was someone in front of her, wrapping their arms around her. Then there was a familiar voice. It was Jayar's voice. "Don't apologize. I'm here for you at least as much as for echolocation."

There was nothing left. No more reason to be scared. No more reason to feel anything.

I'm sorry.

• Upvote 3

IC: Dekako (Era) - Empty Dormitory Wing. 

I'm almost swept away by the flood of emotions and memories. I want to let it all pour out, to drift away in the current and share everything, but there are things in my head I know Hoto wouldn't be able to cope with. I can't do that to her; I have to fight through this. 

I push forward, desperately trying to reach into the corner (is it really a corner? I don't know) of our mind where Hoto has trapped herself. A turbulent whirlpool of memory and emotion swirls around her like an angry cloud, and one thing in particular slams into me, as if it was seeking me out. A lone memory, accompanied by an overwhelming feeling of regret: Our fight in the gym, where she hit me. I relive it, but from Hoto's point of view, and it hurts

Hoto, no! I shout, I scream, desperately trying to get through to her. You stood up for yourself! There's nothing for you to regret! I feel my own barriers breaking down, worn away by the raw emotion all around me. Just me.... all me... it was my fault for pushing you so hard.... I'm sorry.... 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 2

IC Dekako(Kat)/ empty room:

Buffeted about by emotions from both sides, The tendrils come for me next.

And for the first time in a long time, I'm afraid.

Fear is something I'm used to, something I thought I moved past long ago. Clearly this was not the case.

The.... whatever it was, wormed it's way into my head, unlocking every hidden door, every un bidden feeling.

Pain. Cold. Fear. The first hours of life.

Unbridled power.

The cold hand of death clawing it's way through me.

The disgrace of being saved by a Matoran.

Fang.....

I tried desperately to keep that memory mine. 

It was no use. Constant fights, training, sweat blood, tears ran past like a blur. All the work. All the progress.

All the fear.

It washed over me, and when it was over.... I felt strangely relieved. It was over. I could move on.

I reached out to the others, using my own experiences to allay their own, putting the pieces back together, as I had with myself time and time again.

Lotta people don't know this, but I used to be a wreck. Insecure. Scared. 

The Irony was not lost on me as a Fear Rahkshi.

None of what the other's had done was truly their fault. Circumstances aside, they'd done what they thought was best. And that was okay.

It was all okay.

The fear was gone.

IC Poly:

We smiled.

"Then you are welcome among us. Welcome, Sister Whak."

Edited by The UltimoScorp
  • Upvote 1

IC: Illusive - Dorm.

It took a while for me to write it all out, and even longer to make copies, but after an hour, I had a handful of notes ready to pin up around the school. I made my way out of my room and into the corridors. Moving past the courtyard, library, refectory, infirmary and gym, making sure no one was looking in my direction before pinning up a note outside the entrance of each. 

My hands empty and work complete, I started walking back towards my dorm, already seeing that my notes had drawn onlookers.  

First Omega, now Discord and Silencer. Three are dead. Will you be next? 

These students were just like you. They had friends who miss them, who mourn them. Yet the Staff take no action agaisnt those responsible, nor make any effort to end the fights that claimed their lives.

How long before one of you, or one of your friends, becomes the next victim of Corpus Rahkshi's tyranny? 

Stand up for yourselves. Fight not each other, but the beings who keep you trapped here.

Or you might just become the next corpse on the pile.

Satisfied with my efforts, I opened my door and entered my room, locking the door behind me once more. There was more work yet to be done. This was only just the beginning... 

OOC: In case my post isn't clear, there is one of these notes outside the entrance to the Courtyard, Refectory, Gym, Library and Infirmary.

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 1

IC: Dekako (Hoto) - Empty Dorm Room

Hoto's part of the mind shyly approached the other two fragments. It was a miracle the Kaita still stood after that.

I'm sorry, she thought again. So sorry...

She latched back into her place to attempt to be united once more. They held together better than she could ever had. She returned Kat's determination. She would need it more now as the memories erupted outwards, threatening to push them all apart once more. But Hoto held on to... whatever it was. There was no sensation of holding on, only of resistance to the push, of clawing back through the paths of their broken mind right to where she should be. Right by Kat's side.

I forgive you, she sent to Era.

I'm here for you, she whispered to Kat.

After all, her pain had only made her kind.