Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

GM

"Aye aye aye!! Let's be friendly now!" The red-toned matoran tugged at his collar uncomfortably and eyed Zekev's weapon. Quieting down to a lower and more surreptitious tone. "Whaddya want? I'll give you guys info if you leave me alone."

The manas crabs had multiplied, a legion of milky white eye-stalks sprouted behind Oblitus and out into the darkened lobby. At the second question, they began to chatter anxiously. The De-Matoran's words sat on the screen for several long and tense minutes.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE."

Even through such impersonal means of communication, a suspicious and vaguely threatening tone was present and clear.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Ascension Security Room.

Now we were getting somewhere... I could hear more crabs gathering behind me; I'd have to choose my next words carefully. 

GREED, CURIOSITY, LONELINESS. I typed. THAT IS WHAT HAS BROUGHT ME HERE. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM

The manas have returned to a docile stance. On the screen, Oblitus' words hang for another eternity, whether Ascension has lost it's wit or has abandoned him is unclear.

YOU SAW THE DEAD OUTSIDE. THAT IS THE END RESULT OF GREED AND CURIOSITY. I HAVE SEEN YOUR ILK BEFORE AND KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD DO WITH THAT THAT I HAVE BEEN ENTRUSTED WITH. WHY SHOULD I GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING.

"L-Lufon Vance! He's a bigshot in Vingt's military, he wanted a middle man!"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

HONESTY, I typed quickly, starting to get familiar enough with the language that I no longer had to check my notes every few seconds. I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH OF WHAT BROUGHT ME HERE. IF YOU HELP ME UNDERSTAND, THEN I MAY LEAVE THIS PLACE WITH SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Bar).

"Lufon Vance is dead," I hissed, "I killed him myself. You're lying." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Zeleran/Near Neuf)

"That would be our...best bet, as you people say."

IC: (Olis/Vingt forest)

Olis was a bounty hunter. Two people very close to him apparently had a bounty on their heads. Do the maths.

It didn't matter if they were outlaws or mercs. It wouldn't matter if they were friends or even family.

First though, he needed to find out more - he waited silently for them to unwittingly reveal more information.

Kathok

IC Kat/ Vingt Jungle

"Yeah, well maybe that's because it's none of your Karzing business, Ga. If you all wanna stand around having your dick measuring contest all day, be my guest. I've got work to find."

The old girl grumbled to life, and we moved off through the Jungle again. I made sure to watch the others, in case I was attacked.

Ga's Exo wouldn't do much against my own heavy armor.

The purple one, on the other hand was loaded for Ash Bear. He seemed less likely to attack, but, after all, he was a bounty hunter, and I had a lot of money only head. Granted most of that money was for the old girl being returned good as new.

But he might not have known that.

I had to be ready for the worst.

IC: Lohi (Vingt Rainforest)

As Kat left, Lohi threw a middle finger salute her way. He looked over Olis' weaponry, and decided... "See ya 'round, Purple," before sprinting off into the rainforest in Shreddah, leaving Kik and Olis behind.

IC: Arktinen (Jat, Neuf Grasslands- en route to Northern Ihu Highway)

I continue sleeping, even as the Jat rumbles to life around me.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: (Olis/Vingt forest)

"Not a chance." Olis replied tonelessly, watching Lohi and Kat stride away with rapt attention. He couldn't take them both on at once, and would have to wait until they got some way.

Besides, he didn't know too much about the bounty...it might, no would be best to research it a little before charging headlong into something that could get him killed.

he looked down at what was left of Minotaur...Olis wasn't much of a mechanic, and Purple was built for speed: attaching more pistons or frame would be pointless, and attaching too much armour would slow Purple down. All the weapons it seemed to hold were two large blades. All in all, it was a waste.

The most he could scavenge would be the Huna it held - obviously Purple couldn't use two masks at once, but a backup might be handy. Ignoring the unconscious Kik, Olis climbed out of his exo and walked over. He couldn't stay here for too long - if people found him, even if they didn't know who he was, they could easily jump to conclusions as to who had attacked.

As he thought this, he ripped the scratched and dented mask of concealment from the mech, placing it in his satchel for now. 

He left.

OOC: Hope this mask-taking business is okay, T. If not, I'll edit.

IC: (Zeleran/Near Neuf)

"Oh, and we've got to pick up a matoran who wants to work for us as an exo-suit scout, as well." Zeleran announced.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC Haraki [seize - Northrun]:

"Dear gods... this is torture."

Haraki had been standing around Seize's Northrun district, looking for a gunner for her armor, the Spirit. The constant waiting of trying to find someone with any sort of potential was aggravating. She had put ads all over the city, telling gunners to meet her on the corner. She had left the Spirit outside on an old country road, locked up, just waiting to get out of here. She feared she might never get out of Seize. The intense heat was torture to a Ko-Matoran, and she couldn't wait to get to her armor so she could cool off.

OOC:

Haraki is open for interaction. Please take up her offer.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Paju-Vingt Forest

Paju was barreling through the forest at top speed having the time of her life.  She paid no attention to where she was going util she heard a metallic crunch.  She stopped and climbed out of the Element. Examining the wreckage it appeared she had driven over an exo-suit.  It appeared to have been badly mangled before she hit it.  Looking around she saw an unconscious Onu-Matoran.  She quickly picked him up and put him in the gunner's seat, than revved the engine and drove off to look for help.

Six Kingdoms Characters: Mazor, Jephro, The Janitor, Informant

GM

Behind the screens and around the De-Matoran, the intelligence deliberated. Processing possibilities and courses of action. It's creators were long dead and it's power sources would not last forever. Oblitus could serve as a useful pawn.

The Manas dispersed behind him, a light came on at the far side of the lobby, illuminating a reinforced protosteel door, it was the one labelled "Basement" on the map.

I CANNOT GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING. ONLY RAW INFORMATION. I WILL DO SO IF YOU CAN COMPLETE A TASK.

As the Jattiko and her crew traveled through the grasslands between Neuf and Seize, they would have seen a slowly changing landscape. The thick rows of vegetation and green fields becoming brown and thin. Within twenty kio of Seize, the ground was grey and dead. The Salted Plains.

In the past, plentiful farmlands had filled this region, Seize's armies had occupied the area and used it to edge closer and closer to the fortress, intent on one day taking it. Expanding their own nation to the west and claiming the plentiful mines and fishing zones around Neuf. To deny Seize this resource, Neuf shelled and burnt their own farmlands, moving operations to a thin fertile zone in Nomansland itself, across the Naho Bay.

Now the only structures that remained were scattered towers and low buildings, most had Heavy Armor or massive cannons built into them. The harsh landscape and numerous defenses were designed to lower the morale of any attacking army, taking a heavily fortified fortress-city was one thing, doing so after crossing a twenty kio deathzone? None had ever succeeded.

One such building was a checkpoint, two large buildings bristling with guns, one on either side of the main highway. As the Jattiko approached, a De-Matoran in an exosuit hailed them to slow down and stop.

"Names, Armor Registration number and purpose of travel through Neuf territory?" The sonic elemental projected his voice loud enough to be heard over the armor's idling engines.

"Dead might be better than his current state, I'll tell ya that! He's covered in burns 'ead ta foot an has got a temper ta match... About that temper, ya mind not telling him what I'm relayin' to ya?" The red-toned matoran wasn't quite begging Zekev and Cor Saeva, but he was at least pleading.

At the moment, Northrun was full of marauding piraka. One such marauding duo, composed of female Ta-Skakdi and Po-Skakdi happened upon a matoran hustling her way through the district. Setting up signs and now standing impatiently on a corner. This was Stiehl's territory, might she be a competitor? Best to find out.

The duo approached Haraki in a rathing menacing manner.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC Haraki:

"Ah, Skakdi. You're here to join the Spirit's crew, right? Sorry, I don't think the Spirit's big enough for a Matoran and a Skakdi, let alone two Skakdi. Still, I mean, one of you might fit, but... you're not here about the job, are you? Oh, geez. So... what brings you by?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Kat/ Vingt

Well, here we were. I didn't know much about Vingt, having grown up in Treize. They weren't friends, and information in Treize was.... expensive, at best.

At least I was out of the Karzing Jungle.

I strode Legion up to what appeared to be the gates, and gave an informal salute to the guard through the viewport.

"One comin' in!"

OOC: Kat open for interaction.

IC: Derkahn (Near Neuf)

My admiration of the 'beautiful' countryside of Neuf was interrupted when a guy with an Exo-suit appeared in front (to be honest, I can't admire much through this thin gap - not complaining, if the gap was any larger it would become a very tempting target to shoot at). I slowed down the vehicle to please this Neuf . Suffice to say that I'm not very fond of them. They bomb their own farmlands and cower in their fortress.. they're almost as bad as Vingt peacocks. (Disclaimer: I'm talking about the military here. I'm a soldier, not a wandering bard.)

I turn around in my chair and ask the Steltian "Commander, should I run him over, or will we chat with him?" with a smirk on my face.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

GM

The eastern gates of Vingt were not as guarded as others. Sheer volume of traffic made it difficult to keep an accurate head count, or check and compare every in/out going person(s) for bounty status. As such, Kat was able to enter peacefully. Receiving little more than an informal grunt of dismissal from the active duty guardsmen.

"We aren't not lookin' for some job in one of you matoran's tin cans. This is Stiehl's territory, girl. You ought get moving before someone mean comes along." The Po-Skakdi speaks while thumbing a cruel looking blade. Her Ta-skakdi sister just stares evilly at Haraki.

"Les you feel like paying up, then we might protect ya from said mean people."

...but close to it

IC Haraki:

Haraki began to reach for her sword, just in case, as she stared into the eyes of the Po-Skakdi.

"Listen, I'm not even selling anything! I'm just looking for a gunner for my armor! I don't even have any money on me!"

"Look, what do you think of this? I'm heading into the Nomansland in search of treasure. When I get back, I'll give you each a 15% cut. In exchange, I need you to point me to a good gunner and loader for a light armor. Do we have a deal?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC Kat/ Vingt

I heard a tank roll in behind me, and since the streets were narrow, and Legion's not fast in any sense of the word, I did something you usually get told not to do when you learn to pilot an Exo.

I lifted one leg up, balancing on one of her wide feet, and the light tank quickly darted under the gap with just enough room.

"wonder where they're off to in such a rush," I mused to myself, planting my Exo's foot back on the ground.

I hangared my Mech in one of the more secure public Hangars, locked her up, and began wandering the streets of Vingt, pulling on my old pilot jacket as I did so.

OOC: Kat open for interaction

IC Carth/ Neuf

As I stepped out of the gates of my home, I grinned inside my Exo. The sun danced along the brightly colored metal of Bolt. I'd practically built the entire thing myself, and it was one of the fastest machines around. Most wouldn't consider putting a Kakama on an Exo, since their already fast as it is, but I love running through the plains and Nomansland, where no one can catch me.

Yep, I love adventuring. Meeting new people, going new places. I'd been lot's of places, even explored a bit of Nomansland, but it was never enough. I grinned again, activating the Mask that powered my Exo. 

And took off running across the Plains.

OOC: What's this? A potential scout for the Jatikko?  :P

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC Mazex:

Mazex jetted through the air, until he saw the Jattiko. Diving, he slowed himself down with his exo's jetpack, and landed expertly several meters away. "Didn't find anything in the direction you wanted me to scout. Anything else need doing?" He radioed the massive tank.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

GM

With a speed and accuracy that came from hundreds of years of experience and training, all present guns were quickly trained at the Jattiko and Mazex.

"What the karz do you think you're doing? This is restricted Neuf airspace! Explain yourselves or we will be forced to open fire!"

The skakdi sisters burst into laughter, "Fifteen percent?! Don't make me laugh!" Calming herself, she looked back to Haraki. "You're a pretty funny girl! The boss likes your type, why don't you come with us to meet him? Maybe we'll give ya fifteen percent of whatever we find in Nomansland."

...but close to it

IC Mazex:

"Uhhh....." Mazex muttered, taking a step back and raising Icy Knife's hands, er, blades in the air. "I was not aware that Neuf had such restricted space. I will not overlook Neufan regulations again.". Mazex  was no coward, but he understood when diplomacy was better then being sarcastic and getting blown to bits.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC: Sora - Jatikko

Mazex would hear over the radio the sound of what could possibly be Sora smashing her head against a metal surface.

Oh my Gods what the ###### ######ing ###### ###### ###### ###### to the infinite power how are we ###### gonna ######ing get out of this ###### mess?!

It's in Derkan's hands now...

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

Progress. This was good. My fingers danced over the keyboard now. WHAT TASK? 

Edited by Roman Torchwick