Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

GM

"You got into Ascension?! I had half a dozen Exo-suits fire on the doors to no effect! How did you gain entrance!?"

As he excitedly questioned Oblitus, he examined the armor and books, gaze both fixed on the De-Matoran and sweeping over the squareform script and details on the armor. In the better light, the armor definitely looked different. It was clearly metallic protodermis, but it was dull. Absorbing the light where most metals reflected it.

Vert stopped mid page, as if suddenly processing the rest of the sentence.

"...Something? There are people there?!"

...but close to it

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Vert's Pricey Goods).

"I wound up on a ledge a good 250 bio above the place, so instead of doubling back I explored the ledge a little, wound up finding a Matoran-sized tunnel that led me to the top floor. Which reminds me..." I powered up my tablet and showed him the map I'd made. "...I found a panel showing the layout; replicated it as best I could. I'm sure that would be worth a fair bit." 

But I could see it was my mention of "something" that really had his interest. "I found the security room. Inside was a bunch of screens monitoring the surrounding rooms. And something spoke to me, through text on the screens. Asked who I was, why I was there. When I asked it the same questions, it said it was Ascension." I couldn't stop the story from tumbling out now; I had to tell someone, and I knew I could trust Vert. If he made a habit of screwing over his clients he'd never get any sort of business. 

"But long story short, it told me it would give me some kind of valuable information - raw knowledge, it said - if I went to Mangaia and retrieved something for it." I knew I had his full attention now. "The heart of a god." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zekev

"You see!? OK, we got this covered. Pull your head under that cloak you so love, and we'll tiptoe to that dark alcove there. They ain't seen us yet."

I was already making my way to the side.

"Once they pass us by, we calmly walk out, then dash to the park lot. Got it?"

Stupid ######, all the money for nothing.

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Bar). 

"He took my money then still screwed us over?" I hissed angrily, "There really is no honour among thieves." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"You need to lose some weight," I hissed, squeezing into the alcove beside him. "Fatty." 

"I don't even drink beer."

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Bar)

Frankly, I was insulted. I wasn't as... well-endowed as most Vortixx, and I was quite proud of my slim figure, I put an awful lot of time and effort into maintaining it, and I didn't appreciate having my body dissed by anyone. Not even Zekev, whose jokes I ordinarily tolerated. But this time, he'd gone too far...

...which is why I jabbed him hard in the stomach with one of my claws.

Childish, I know, but... meh. 

IC Kat/ Blackrock Barracks

After a lengthy, and frankly depressing conversation with the guard, I managed to get into the military compound.

Helps to have a military background sometimes.

Vingt had a history of recruiting outside help, or so I'd heard.

Here's hoping those rumors are true.

I wandered through the compound, looking for someone in charge.

OoC: open for interaction.

IC: (Zeleran/near Neuf)

"What in the name of Mata Nui is the Scout doing?" Zeleran asked sharply, referring to Mazex by his role as ever.

"I shall negotiate with the Neufians. Arktinen, come with me." Although nobody had explained the situation to her, as soon as she stepped outside she would understand. 

Zeleran stepped out of the Jatikko onto the grey soil of the area. His hands were not held above his head, but it was obvious no weapons he held were a threat to the Neufians.

"What's our story?" he whispered quietly to Arktinen out of the corner of his mouth.

Kathok

IC: Arktinen (Neuf Grasslands)

I follow Zel slightly groggily out of the Jat. Despite my current state of half-asleepness, I recognise the situation; a checkpoint. I quickly take in all of the details; multiple watchtowers; other heavy armour; exosuits. "We're mercs looking for private employment in Neuf," I mutter back, tightening my EDD around my head slightly.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: (Zeleran/Near Neuf)

"I, er...you should probably do the talking, Aktinen." He contrived to make this sound like he was generously giving his second in command the honour of this task, rather than the fact that he was sure he would mess it up.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Lufon Vance - Blackrock Barracks. 

"Hey, you!" I spotted a female Ta-Matoran in a fearsome-looking Exo-Suit stomping around the compound. "What the karz do you think you're doing here?" I snapped, approaching her. A civilian wouldn't be packing such heavy armour, and she wasn't one of ours. That could only mean...

Ugh, great... mercenary. 

OOC: That's Kat und Legion. 

IC: Arkie (Neuf Grasslands)

"Okay, okay!" I yelp, shiftying backwards slightly from the guns being pointed rather pointedly at us. "We-" I gesture towards myself, Zel, the Jat and Mazex's mech-"Are just a band of mercs, looking for private employment in Neuf, okay? I'm Snarktinen, this here is the captain, and that's our scout over there!Jeez, no need to get so tense and hyped-up about it!"

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png