Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

OOC: WOO-HOO! 1,000TH POST!

Now that that's out of the way...

IC: Kain - Treize (Some dive bar he couldn't even be bothered to remember the name of.)

Kain belted down his whiskey, waiting for the sound of glass making contact with the counter to reach his ears before belching obnoxiously loudly.

He had arrived back in Treize about a week ago, walking in a rich Matoran after the bounty he had secured ended up netting him a nice, fat payday. After stocking up on supplies for the road ahead and stashing a good portion of the reward inside of his mech to add to his rainy day fund, he then proceeded to do the only thing that seemed sensible at the time, which was to drown away his sorrows at the local watering hole.

Unfortunately for him, he forgot that the tech-heads were too busy concocting more efficient tank fuel or some other such Karz to have ever learned to make quality alcohol.

That, or they got their kicks serving idiots watered-down drinks; he honestly didn't care which at this point.

Surprisingly, in his quasi-inebriated state, he was able to take notce of the pair who walked into the bar next; a male Ko-Skakdi accompanied by a female Vortixx. The duo looked like they belonged here well enough, but it was the way they moved that had truly caught his notice, and he silently pretended not to notice them as they made a rather conspicuous exchange with the bartender before walking on by and eventually striking up a conversation with one of the establishment's other customers. The talk they had wasn't a long one, but from the look on his face, it was rather easy to tell that they weren't old friends catching up over a drink.

Even if the Ta-Matoran didn't have a nose for this sort of thing, it was hard not to see the Skakdi render him unconcious in plain view of everyone else; It appeared that he had stumbled upon something interesting.

His interest piqued, he tossed the last of the coin he had on him onto the counter, watched an almost hilarious near-encounter the Vortixx had had with a patrolling group of guards, and watched as they eventually made their way back outside. He then proceeded to follow them out into the cold, lighting up a cigarette and deducing that their next move would be to try to leave the city. Figuring that they would try to stay out of sight on their way out, Kain began making his way to the hanger where he had stashed his Exo-Suit, hoping that he would be geared up and ready to continue his investigation by the time they made it to the gate.

OOC: Kain open for interaction. Those two were Cor and Zekev, by the way.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize.

"A spy for the guards? Or Lufon..."

Was I acting paranoid? Yes, probably. Was it justified? Definitely. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Sure." Better to be safe than sorry. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Sorry..." I shook my head a few times, trying to clear my thoughts. "...I'm just a little.... distracted.... whatever works for you." 

IC:Zekev

"What works for me is the best solution, so I think we're going to stop him now. In an alley. Of course. Always an alley.

"Hey Cor, you need to be here. Not worrying about Lufon or death or how kch whiskey you have left. Focus, okay?(can't believe I'm the one saying 'focus')"

I hope she doesn't zone out. Once we make back maybe-

No. Don't think too far. Focus here.

I hook a right on the next alley entryway.

"Right, yes, focus," I clear my thoughts and follow Zekev into the alleyway (because that doesn't sound like a weird thing to do at all.) 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Cor Seava - Treize (Alleyway).

"I'm two bio behind you; how the heck could I tell if he's following us?" I hissed softly. "You're the skakdi; why don't you use X-Ray vision and see for yourself?" 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Alleyway).

"I swear.... it's like you want to be stuck with me in an enclosed space all of the time." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Alleyway).

"Honestly, how have I not killed you out of sheer exasperation already?" 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Alleyway)

"I don't know; you said he was." 

IC: Zekev

"Either way, we make for the garage now."

I signalled a halt, let a drunk guy stagger pass, then exited the tight road.

It was then that I realised how worried I was. I could suddenly breathe again. Talking to Cor certainly helped, but only did I realise how uptight I felt.

The memories... No, can't let them come back.

"Left. This avenue leads back to the Hound. Hopefully."

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Somewhere).

"If you get us lost I swear I'll end you...." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Lost?)

"Please don't make jokes about Lufon..." my tone turned serious, "...just... please don't." I looked around. 

"Where the karz are we?" 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Definitely lost) 

"Ugh.... this is why I don't let you shouldn't be allowed to navigate..." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Not lost after all...)

"I blame you for this," I said flatly, "there are no words in this mortal language to describe exactly how much I blame you for this."

GM

In Zekev and Cor Saeva's haste, they had missed the signs of the actual tail. The inebriated matoran Kain didn't pose the same problem the half dozen armed guardsmen did. Half came from one nearby alleyway, the other half popped up on a nearby roof. And the gate guards were stirring to action as well.

Wearing a look of absolute and inconceivably smug smugness, the surly Fe-matoran from earlier strode forth.

"You two are under arrest! For attempted murder, assault on a member of the guard and attempted bribery of public officials!" As if on cue, the Ta-Matoran from the bar lumbered from the alleyway. Still rather dazed from the impact vision, he had his crossbow in his hands and was attempting to load it as if it were a musket.

Vert stood still a moment, deep in thought. He thumbed through several books, considering Oblitus' query.

"I know of no Lhikan. Though the name does resemble that of the Lhii family, the lineage of royalty in Seize."

Haraki's sword sliced through armor and flesh, nearly severing the Vortixx's ankle. In this state, it felt no pain. Loss of mobility was the only hindrance the wound posed.

The corpse had embedded it's blade in a chair, it yanked it out and rounded on the Ko-Matoran, renewing it's assault with an arcing horizontal slash.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

I couldn't stop myself; I burst out laughing. This day quite literally could not get any worse.

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Vert's Priecy Goods).

"Well.... that's extremely unhelpful of you..." I sighed, "...who is this contact of yours, and how soon can they get me inside?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

My laughter died like a candle being snuffed out. "I'm not old." 

IC: (Zeleran/Near Neuf)

Zeleran breathed a barely audible sigh of relief, nodding at the guard.

"I'm sure we will cause no trouble." With that, he turned and quickly walked back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back inside the Jattiko, Zeleran gave the order for the tank to move forwards once Arktiten was back inside.

After a while, he said; "What in the world?"

Two mechs seemed to be heading for them as their existing scout flew alongside.

"Erm...who are they?"

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Kaleva - Neuf Plains

The tank was closer now, so I approached it with the Jäger.

Wait, who's that? I thought, noticing another exo-suit greeting the tank. I was fairly certain I'd seen the suit before. Ah, it was that one that would always speed off in the direction of Nomansland. Maybe he wanted to hitch a ride to where all the action was going to happen too? Well, it might make things a bit easier, seeing as I honestly hadn't given much thought to how to ask where they were headed and if I could come along.

I was right next to the other exo-suit now. I decided I'd hold my tongue for now, see how things go for the other guy, presuming he is here for the same reason as me.

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

IC: Kain - Treize (Streets)

Kain watched on as the pair ducked into their alleyway as he stuck to the streets, knowing that since he wasn't currently wanted by the guards, there was no need for the complicated cloak-and-dagger routine. A funny thought soon crossed his mind. What if they had caught on to him following them outside, thought he was tailing them into the alley, and prepared an ambush for him?

They'd sure look stupid waiting there for a threat that wasn't even coming. Bonus points if the guards caught them while they were doing so, too.

The Ta-Matoran soon arrived at the private hanger where he had previously stored The Dreadnought, and mosied his way inside.

The hanger was unusually bare for a place that was normally crowded with mechanics and Exo-Suit operators. Assuming that business was going rather slow for this particular storage facility, he continued walking, eventually cathing sight of the gunmetal beast that belonged to him. He bagan to whistle as he produced his keys, twirling them around his finger as he approached it and unlocked the hatch. Pushing the top half of the mechanism open after securing his own weapons onto its back, he fumbled around with the glove compartment, eventually unlocking this as well and pocketing a few widgets before closing it again and climbing his way inside. As he turned the ignition, the password screen required for operation popped up, and, after inputting the eight didget code, Kain felt the machine rumble to life.

It felt good to be back with his mech.

Closing and listening for the soft click of the hatch's lock, his fingers wrapped themselves around the controls, forcing the Exo-Suit to stand at its full, intimidating height before casually strolling back outside. Having already paid in advance, he expected no issues to arise as he began making his way towards the gate.

All that was necessary now was a little patience.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.