Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize.

There are time where I wonder if Zekev doesn't listen to me. Then there are times like now, when I know he doesn't listen to me. 

I hadn't had time to pick up my weapons.... he was pushing me towards a door we already knew was locked.... and even though the accusations agaisnt us were preposterous, running was as good an admission of guilt that these guys were going to get...

Yup, we were screwed. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"You're going to get us killed," I complained, strapping on my weapons and wrenching open the Hound's top hatch. "We came here to get rid of a bounty, not incur a new one!" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Zekev

"Thats true, but it's not like we succeeded in getting rid of the first one. Well, we did. Then that fool came to get us. So unless you want to rot in jail for decades or blow your way our of the jail, I suggest we simply bash through the fence and run out of here as quickly as possible."

Phew. I never knew I could talk so fast.

IC: Kain - Treize (Public Hanger)

You know what the best part about living out on the fringe is?

Watching the fireworks explode while hoping for the chance that you get to make a few go off yourself.

Kain's hands gripped the controls, realising that his secondary weapons would be far more useful in this situation than his claws ever would've been. The vibrations coursing through the arms of the Exo-Suit radiated throughout his body, flipping the machine's hands upwards and spinning them back around towards the cockpit to reveal the Gattling Blaster and Flamethrower attached to each arm. Elemental energy soon coursed through the suit's circuitry, causing the weapons to glow red-hot as embers flew out into the open air, announcing the preparation of their usage. It was do or die now, and the Ta-Matoran had absolutely no intentions of dying.

Without warning, he leveled a blaster towards the guards stationed on the roof with one arm, turning the attention of the other appendage's flames at the group on the ground before opening fire, intending to clear a path for the pair's tank to roll its way towards the gate.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"I'm going to regret this...." I scowled, powering up the Hound and rolling her forwards through the flimsy shed door. To my surprise, there was a Matoran in an exo-suit out there, blasting away at the guards. "You wanna give him a hand?" I shouted back to Zekev. 

"Letting the guy we don't even know take the fall for us and buy us time to escape?" I laughed. "Sometimes I love you...." I realised how weird that sounded, "....as in, I love the way you think. Not you as a person." I started driving down the slope, leaving that very awkward moment very far behind. 

OOC: Yeah... that's not happening. And weren't we supposed to wait for Tirigath to post as the guards?

IC: Kain - Treize (Public Hanger)

Kain began to move backwards, giving the tank enough room to pass him as he continued to lay down suppressing fire. Satified with the amount of shell casings that had hit the ground and seeing nothing but flames around him, he also began booking it down the slope not to far behind them, hoping that he dished out enough damage to keep them disoriented long enough for them to get the Karz out of Treize.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I looked in the rear-view mirror (yes, we have one of those). "Ah... that guy's following us..." 

IC: Horic

"Hey, Golu," a voice came from beside the driver of The Onslaught.

The Matoran took a side opposite him.

IC: "Hey," the De-Matoran answered, "You just got here? If so, you may want to hear about the latest rumour going round." Normally Golutaka was content to dismiss rumours, they mostly turned out exaggerations or outright falsehoods. But this one...this one seemed to have legs. There might be the possibility of some grain of truth in this one

7AOYGDJ.jpg

GM

"One? Wrong answer."

The Vortixx twisted hard on Haraki's leg and upper body, nothing audibly snap or broke. But it'd be extremely painful...

...or maybe not. She still seemed conscious and somewhat sane.

"You've got some spunk. I'd hate to have to kill you, why don't we negotiate?"

"Exact details? No." Silat replied to Lufon. He was a capable, if somewhat predictable soldier. Though his visage was quite unpleasant to look at. "Likely the same dangers that plague other areas of Nomansland. Feral rahi, rahkshi, bandits and outlaws. We will be large and well equipped, the rabble aren't likely to bother us. As for the ruins... Texts and reports from advance scouts reference everything from autonomous security systems to outlandish and frankly, ridiculous phenomenon."

He faced the group echoing Kat's sentiments next. "Some are easily accessible. Some of the urban areas in Motara and above ground Ertrunken are too crowded with wreckage or buildings to allow anything larger than an Exo-suit or Fikou through."

The errand boy never liked visiting this one... He was one of Vert's trusted contacts, if perhaps not his most frequented. But despite the old businessman's trust, the boy found him rather distasteful. So, he approached Einefus Ingrayv's home in a rather apprehensive manner. On a ramshackle porch, the man in question sat smoking.

"Ingrayv, sir? You have a message from Vert."

Treize was no stranger to criminal activity, they dealt with it efficiently and cleanly.

Well, at least the good cops did. The surly fe-matoran and undercover ta-matoran were quickly disposed by the duo, laying painfully and humiliatingly in the snow. The guards on the rooftop suffered some injuries from Kain's assault. That wasn't going to look good in court...

Said good cops arrived as Cor Saeva and Zekev approached the front gate in the Ash Hound, two pieces of specially equipped Fikou armor crouched on the wall. As soon as their target was in range, the vo-matoran and fa-matoran pilots operated the dual elemental guns, firing an electromagnetic pulse of sorts at the Ash Hound, stopping it in it's tracks.

Half a dozen guardsmen in Exo-Suits stomped around the corner, quickly surrounding the disabled armor.

"This is your last warning! Come out with your hands up within three seconds or we will respond with lethal force!"

"Three!"

The speaker drew breath, ready to pronounce the second number.

...but close to it

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks).

"Ugh... great...." I muttered under my breath. Silat's words already confirmed the worst of my suspicions. We were going into these nomansland ruins without any real idea of what kind of old-world defences were waiting for us inside. 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (City Gates).

The guards had caught us, as I'd suspected they would. I didn't wait for him to finish counting, just hauled open the hatch and cautiously climbed out, pulling Zekev up behind me. This was all his stupid fault. If he hadn't attacked those guards...

IC: (Olis/Vingt)

Some time later, Olis had returned to Vingt City.

Now, he sat in a bar, sipping his drink thoughtfully. Soon, he would head to Blackrock, where a meeting was in progress to organise groups to hunt for rumoured locations. He wasn't entirely sure on the details, but if it offered a reward, he would be there.

IC: (Zeleran/Near Neuf)

"Alright, they may join us once we are well out of sight of that Checkpoint. We will need to stop at Neuf to get food..." He looked at the Mechanic. "...and other provisions."

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Inn).

Upstairs, I continued testing out the new technology Ascension had given me, the handgun-sized elemental firearm, and the Kualsi wristwatch. I teleported myself over and over again, from one side of the room to the other, trying to acclimatise myself to fighting past the momentary disorientation of teleportation. 

Once I grew tired of that, I lined up a few empty bottles on one side of the room and practiced shooting them down with the handgun, using my EDD to channel low-level sound waves through the weapon. It was precise, accurate, and powerful enough to reverberate the sound inside the glass bottles and make them shatter. 

If this was the kind of tech I was being given just to help me complete this task, I couldn't wait to see what rewards awaited me at the journey's end.

IC: Zekev

"Karz ####### stinking rats..." I cursed under my breath as Cor luged me out. She was stronger than she looked.

I raised my hands a little as I hopped onto the ground.

"OK, you got us."

"That was quite the little adventure, eh?" I whispered to Cor.

IC: Horic

"Heard about 'em. Seems to be a lot more... Held up by facts than all the other ones."

Horic got himself a mug of sweet brown sludge and sipped it.

Edited by Tenth Norik

IC Inik:

Inik was lost. Despite living in Treize most of his life, he'd never had to navigate a lot in it. Hearing the commotion, Inik walked that way in his mech.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Haraki:

Dramatic "one" was a bit heavy-handed, wasn't it?

It hurt. It really hurt. Haraki hadn't felt that much pain in such a long time. 

Haraki was tough, maybe, but she wasn't that tough.

She had to press on. This was her chance. The Vortixx would be fatigued for a second. Let's not count, shall we? She reached around, grabbed the sword and pulled to the side. 

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC Kat/ Auditorium

I nodded. The info wasn't great, but I'd work with what I could get.

Others groaned, most of the medium and heavy Armor crews among them.

They weren't unfounded.

Nomans was brutal, even if you had Heavy Armor.

To be seperated from it just when you were most vulnerable...

I unconsciously rubbed the armored leg of the old girl standing behind me.

I had no other questions, but listened up for any others, and for Silat's go.

IC: Kain - Treize (Gate)

Oh, that's just perfect...

Kain weighed his options very carefully. He could either die, or spend some time in prison.

Neither was ideal, but at least with prison, he'd be alive slightly longer.

Spitting out the filter of his now-consumed cigarette, he powered down his suit, quickly stuffing the key ring into his mouth before lighting up another and exiting the mech. He then grimaced, raising his hands above his head before preparing some chastising words for the pair climbing out of the tank.

"You just had to go and get yourselves hit with an EMP, didn't you?" he said, rolling his eyes. "Who taught you how to drive, an Ussal Crab?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Ingrayv's Dwelling)

Sir? Since when have I been a sir?

I briefly consider the question as I stare upward, humming "Goodnight, Irene" around the remaining half-inch of unfiltered cigarette. I hit the last few notes, half-forming the "...in my dreams" through my closed mouth.

I sigh and look down lazily, slowly settling my eyes on the apprehensive errand boy. I say nothing for a moment. When I'm ready to speak, I reach up and pull the stub out of my mouth, crushing it and rolling it between my thumb and forefinger. The smoldering tip warms my fingertips.

"Vert sen' ya, hm?" I pause a moment. "Wat he wan'?"

Edited by (Daedalus)

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Derkahn (Neuf territory)

"You don't want to see my alcohol withdrawal symptoms", I respond with a grin and begin to accelerate the Jatikko. "Onwards to Neuf, then. We should be there in 30 minutes or so." I'm thankful that we may get a guide, for the maps for Nomansland aren't that accurate or even complete.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Shut up," I hissed at Zekev, "this is your fault." I whirled on the snide Matoran, swinging out my foot to hopefully kick him off his feet. 

No one made fun of my driving. 

IC: Kain - Treize (Gate)

Kain threw himself to the ground as the Vortixx's foot sailed over his head, rolling to her side before-

Wait a minute. She did not just leave herself totally open for that.

Oh yes she did.

An evil grin formed across his face as he snapped his fingers, firing a small fireball towards her... ahem... hindquarters.

The guards were probably going to bear down upon them any second now anyway. If he was getting locked up, he was at least going to have a bit of fun first.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Cor Saeva - Teize.

"He's armed!" I shouted accusingly, twisting lithely away from the fireball he'd aimed at my arse. I'd thrown down my own weapons the moment I'd climbed out of the tank. Clearly, he hadn't. "Guards, get him!" 

GM

Long thin wires were fired from two of the guard's exosuits, they were what we might be called a stun gun or taser. Small and painless needles at the end struck the trio around the neck and chest areas. This was followed by a decidedly not painless jolt of electricity, enough to render them unconsciousness for several hours. During which the guards confiscated their armor, weapons and any personal belongings before dragging them off to a cell. Space was tight, so the trio had to share a cell designed for two matoran. Cor Saeva, Zekev and Kain would likely wake up soon enough.

Lufon and Kat were given their assignment papers, complete with a copy of the mission briefing and the map. They were on the B team

"Well, Mr Vert didn't exactly tell me too much about it. Says you need ta speak with him in person. It's quite a secret like job." The errand boy replied to Ingrayv, "but good paying! He said it'll be really good paying!"

...but close to it

IC Kat/Auditorium

I looked over the assignment sheet.

"Karz," I muttered. This was going to go one of two, maybe three ways.

I walked over to the same Vortixx who'd directed me over here, and stuck a hand out.

"Looks like I'm with you, sir. Hope all goes well."

I was tense, despite my outward relaxed appearance. I wasn't sure if this guy could put his reservations about me aside for this mission. Then again, he was an LT. Most don't get those stripes for being inflexible.

IC: Lufon - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks Auditorium). 

The mercenary.... great. I shook the offered hand anyway, knowing that she was probably more useful on a mission like this than most of the soldiers who operated here, and that I'd have my heavy Armour, Zelcram, and Mokoran to back me up if she tried to betray us. 

"Good to have you on board," I forced myself to say. Hopefully I didn't end up regretting this later...

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Ingrayv's Dwelling)

I keep my placid expression in place as I continue to stare at the errand boy. The remainder of my cigarette has been ground down and sprinkled on my porch.

"Secret," I say flatly. I roll my head to my left until The Rosteimer is in view. I suppress a smile. I knew something would be coming. Just the day before I probably would have turned this down; I wasn't in the mood then. Today, however...

"Well..." I make an effort to rise from my chair, the wood creaking dangerously as I do so. "Ah s'pose ah can go o'er theyah." I clump down the steps and pause in front of the errand boy, making of show of hoisting up my belt and adjusting my holster. I jab a thumb toward The Rosteimer. "Ah'm gon' bring ol' Irene 'round to yah boss's place. He wan's me, I figure ah'm gon' need her. Whyn't you run back to Mister Vert an' tell 'im ah'm coming, huh?"

I stroll toward The Rosteimer and pull out another cigarette. "An' remine 'im ah ain' take payment for mah wuhk."

Without waiting to see if he listened, I grab the pack leaning up against my porch, put it on my back, and climb into The Rosteimer. I climb in and start her up. She coughs, sputters, then grunts to life.

I pick up her anthem as I guide her lumbering gait through Vingt. I take my time, in part because that's just what I do, and also because I want to give the messenger time to get back to Vert.

When I finally reach Vert's Pricey Goods, I don't  bother to seek out a hangar. I plop Irene right next to the front door, shut her down, and ease out. I push my way inside Vert's shop.

Strolling to the counter looking bored out of my mind, I light another cigarette and say, "Ah hear tell yuh might have a job fuh me."

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

"Just let me get my crew together." Where the karz were Zelcram and Mokoran? 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"Now we've just got to wait for Zelcram." What was a tank without its gunner, after all?

IC Zelcram:

Zelcram walked up, and looking at Lufon with intentianally unsettlingly large eyes, said "I am here. Let us depart."

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

"Excellent," I started off towards my personal garage, unlocking the door and pulling open the door to reveal the Vengeful Inferno in all of its spiky glory. "As you gentlemen probably already heard," I leaned agaisnt the tank and addressed by crew, "we have very little idea of what's going to be waiting for us inside these places. As far as I am concerned, the moment we cross the border into Nomansland we've entered an active combat zone. I want you both to be on full alert, weapons primed, safeties off." 

I was probably overreacting, but it was better to be safe than sorry... 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC Kat/ Vingt:

I over heard the man, and flicked the safeties that I hadn't already turned off, namely, the greypowder cannon. I flexed the fingers on the hand, making sure all was in working order, running checks on all my systems. Everything read green. It was time to mount up.

I engaged the main engine, the Pakari powering my mech roaring to life. The familiar rumble made me smile. It was moments like these, when an Exo-Suit sounded like the engines of a medium Armor, that usually got me the looks of bewilderment, and sometimes envy of others. 

"Let's hit the trail, old girl, I said to the faithful machine, snapping on my headset, and opening a private channel. This would keep me in contact with the Heavy I was escorting, and enable better tactical awareness all around. 

I adjusted the Mic, and asked, "So, Lufon, what sort of fire power have you got tucked away in that lovely Armor of yours?"

There was no point keeping secrets from the merc if we were going to be working together, and besides, all of the Inferno's weapons were clearly visible anyway. I pulled my handheld radio off my belt and spoke into it in response to her question. "One heavy greypowder cannon with coaxial elemental gun, and a heavy disk launcher fixed on the front that the driver and the navigator can both operate."

I tapped one of the curved metal spikes sticking out of the armour plating. "These are pretty good around here for cutting a path through the jungle; not sure how much use they'll be out in the wastes, though. What kind of firepower are you packing?" 

IC Kat/ Vingt:

I smiled, and anyone peering in through my viewport could tell I loved showing the old girl off.

I brought the arm up, "First and foremost, we've got this lovely device. Strong enough to tear through armor, and dexterous enough to wield a weapon. Haven't got one, but if the need arises, it's there. Next, I've got the under slung elemental cannon, little lighter than most, but red hot fire tends to discourage people, big or small. Shoulder mounted belt-fed light disc launchers keep 'em down, and are great for opening up infantry, but my favorite is this," I said, hefting the cannon on the right side of the mech.

"This baby'll blow holes in just about anything with a shot or two. Medium greypowder cannon, same ones you find on medium Armor.~"

I smiled, that cannon had been my saving grace time and time again.

"Heavy armor plating keeps me nice and cozy in here, and a Pakari keeps things runnin' smooth~."