Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

IC: Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks).

Well.... . I exchanged a glance with Mokoran and Zelcram. The amount of firepower she was carrying made her more than a match for us. I prayed to whatever gods cared to listen that she didn't decide to betray us. "I see...." I finally spoke up, "...glad to have you on our side."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kain - Treize (Prison)

Kaine stirred, eventually opening his eyes as he took in his new surroundings. The room was small, way too small to be sharing it with the Skakdi and the Vortixx from earlier, but his unconcious cellmates were currently the least of his troubles at the moment. He looked down at his chest, taking in the sight of what used to be his EDD, now just a destroyed mess of wires and broken metal after taking a direct hit from one of the Exo-Suit's taser rounds. He moved his tongue around the inside of his mouth, feeling around for the keys he had stashed there earlier but found nothing. Worst of all, they had even deprived him of his cigarettes, which would've technically been no use to him in his current state anyway, since he no longer had the means to light them.

Just perfect...

The Ta-Matoran returned to his feet, leaning himself up against the bars and spitting through them onto the floor of the hallway as he looked around once more, whistling a tune as he did so.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Kat/vingt:

The verbal tic was not lost on me, and my smile dropped a bit. 

"Let's get moving," I said in a decidedly more somber tone. I moved for the gate, taking comfort in the vibration of the Exo around me. My personal armor, both physical, and mental.

I've been a mercenary for a loong time. I've done just about every job there is. Even risked a few in Treize in my younger days. The job was a good one, got me out and about. But people all give the same looks to people like me. Mistrust, suspicion, outright hatred. It was a harder life than most knew, and it tooka certain kind of person to do it. 

Unfortunately, most people who had it in 'em became bandits, raiders, or worse. Somethin in 'em would just.... die, and they gave into the evils that lurked inside us all.

Not me. 

Never me.

I had the old girl to look after, and the memories of what I'd done, those many years ago.

I shook my head, getting back to the task at hand.

I'd refilled all my ammo, and everything was running smooth. I rechecked, making sure.

It paid to be thorough

"She's an eager one, aint she?" I smirked, not moving from where I was, still slouched up against the front of my Armour. I lifted the radio to my mouth. "Before you go too far, might I remind you that all three teams are supposed to travel together until reaching Ascension?" 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Cramped Cell).

"Ow...." I sat up, groggy with pain. My everything hurt.

"You!" I spotted the irritating little Ta-Matoran and immediately threw myself at him, claws outstretched. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Turning his head at the sound of the Vortixx's voice, he quickly sidestepped, intending on letting her collide face-first with the metal bars.

"Please tell me that you're not usually this dense," he sighed. "In a room this small, my height and lower center of gravity simply renders me more maneuverable than you. If you really want to waste all of your energy coming after me, then be my guest, but I'm telling you right now that it would be wiser to use it to think of a way to get out of here."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Ridiculously Cramped Cell).

"In a room this small, I could crush you to death just by sitting down," I replied pointedly, "take back your remark about being taught by an Ussal, and I'll consider letting you live." It was my father who'd taught me how to drive, and he was dead now, slain in a Rahkshi raid. I didn't appreciate his memory being insulted like that. 

"You're seriously still on that? Fine; whatever helps you sleep at night, princess," Kain said, rolling his eyes. "And by the way, I've survived far worse than you in the time I've spent outside city walls. If that little death threat of yours was supposed to scare me, you're going to have to do a lot better than that."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Cell that's about to become slightly less crowded).

"Oh, I've had enough of you!" I snapped, kicking out with one of my feet. Strangely enough, the guards hadn't thought to take my boots when they'd deprived me of my weaponry. The boots with the spiked soles... 

The Ta-Matoran shifted himself to the side as her foot flew past his head, impacting with the wall and giving him enogh time to wrap his arms around her ankle. His body ached as he then used a portion of his remaining strength to rush forward, attempting to force her leg backwards so she would lose her balance and hopefully fall to the floor.

"Do you have rocks in your ears?!" he hissed. "Every second you waste trying to attack me is another second we could be using trying to escape! It's almost like you want to spend the rest of your days locked up in here!"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Cell).

The little fool seemed to forget that Vortixx are way bigger and stronger than Matoran, so I just stood there, bracing one hand agaisnt the wall and shaking my leg a few times in a half-hearted effort to throw him off of me. 

"Why would I want to escape?" I sneered, "That would be an admission of guilt, and I'm not guilty. Except of making really bad life decisions in choosing my friends." I nodded towards the still-unconscious Zekev. "But you drunkenly attacked an entire contingent of guards. You're going to spend a very long time in here..." 

I'll admit it, I love talking down to people. Especially when they're shorter than me and I can quite literally talk down to them. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Very well," I sighed back into the radio, "just don't try running off ahead on your own."

Because that would end badly for everyone involved. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Kain laughed.

"You think that matters? They're still going to treat you like an accomplice no matter what you say. It's called guilt by association; get used to it."

The Ta-Matoran struggled to maintain his grip as he felt himself suddenly being lifted off of the ground.

"Obviously I was drunk when I attacked those guards. I don't see how I couldn't have been if I ever thought that you two were a crew worth joining up with in the first place. And yeah, I probably will be spending some quality time here. But you know what's going to help me sleep at night? The fact that I'll get to annoy the ever-loving Karz out of you for the duration of my stay."

He then attempted to sink his teeth into her leg. He wasn't going to be shaken off that easily.

Edited by Timageness
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

He appeared to be trying to bite my leg armour. It was so amusing that I almost considered letting him continue trying, to see how long it would take him to figure out that it wouldn't work. Almost.

Instead, I swung my leg - with him still clinging onto it - sideways into the door, intending to crush him up against the bars.

At least she had a proper respect for authority... and admittedly, I was kind of impressed that her exo-suit was dexterous enough to salute. 

Not that I'd ever admit in front of my men that I'd been impressed by a mercenary, of course. "Alright boys, let's get moving!" I snapped my attention back to Mokoran and Zelcram. "We've got a job to do, let's get it done, and let's get it done right." 

GM

News of the arrest in Treize had spread quickly. Descriptions of the individuals and armor were recorded and reviewed by the military. Unfortunately, their attempt at hiring mercs hadn't went too well. As if by some sixth sense, many declined the nation's generous offers. Perhaps sensing the undue danger associated with the contract and it's mission.

Treize was a small nation, they held onto their independence through advantages in technology, weaponry and reconnaissance. Nomanslands and it's treasures were another matter. Their information was as lacking as Vingt's, they knew not what would await them in the ruins. The Ihu range was mapped well. Past them, much of the cartographic work was undone.

It was a simple plan ; Send the mercenaries in first. Observe the dangers they faced or succumbed to. Any of Treize forces would be much better prepared to enter, obtain valuable and exit. Cleanly and with minimal casualties. The mercenaries weren't biting, so they'd have to turn to another resource. Prisoners.

The warden led Sonia in, she was one of the heads of state. A tall and lithe vortixx wearing the Treize military uniform in stylish white. The trio of detainees were already fighting, she looked on them rather disappointingly. The records of Cor Saeva and Zekev had suggested they were professional mercenaries.

"You two," she spoke sharply to the matoran and vortixx. "Stop this before we're forced to stun you." The warden was a vo-matoran, one of those that had stunned the trio at the gates in fact. "I'm here to offer you all bail."

Vert put on his best forced smile at Ingrayv's entrance. "Ah! Good to see you, friend!" He gestured to his office. "How about we talk someplace a little more private?"

Inside, he poured a drink for Einefus, setting it near a tray of the finest cigarettes and cigars. The non-elemental wasn't exactly the most subtle tool in the shed.. "So, Einefus m'boy! I hope you've been well."

The other man's blank stare was enough to hurry Vert along.

"Ah... I'll get right to it. I have a job for you. A client and friend of mine needs to get into the Mangaia catacombs."

The vortixx puppet dropped Haraki to the ground before she could act. Jerking about and experience little spasms before dropping to the ground, finally dead.

Stiehl frowned. "Hmph. I thought he'd make a better zombie." Turning his gaze back to the Ko-Matoran, he put his amused face back on. Hiding any darker thoughts behind impassive eyes. "Get out, little girl. Killing you would be a waste of my time."

...but close to it

Kain was too busy apparently trying to gnaw through a piece of armor to notice that he was now moving dangerously close to the bars.

Oof!

He released his grip as the wind was knocked out of him, slumping down towards the floor as he attempted to catch his breath.

"You're... so lucky... that these guys... showed up," the Ta-Matoran coughed out as he tried to breathe. "A few more... seconds... and I would've... had you..."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Within sight of freedom?)

"Bail on what conditions?" I hissed, using my now Ta-Matoran-less foot to try to nudge Zekev awake. "There's got to be a catch." 

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Holding Cell).

"Oh good, you're awake," I couldn't hide the relief from my voice at seeing that Zekev was alive, and (unfortunately) unharmed. 

Her expression might have been warm, but mine was cold. "Working for you is the catch." I snarled. "I'd rather languish in this cell for a year than spend that year risking my life for a cause I don't believe in." 

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Inn). 

Growing bored of reading the same handful of notes I had on Mangaia over and over again, I decided to head down to the bar and buy myself a drink. I handed over my widgets and waited patiently for the bartender to fill my glass. 

IC: (Zeleran/Very near Neuf)

As the city of Neuf came into sight, Zeleran said:

"Some of us will have to stay in the tank to make sure it is not commandeered by others or damaged."

There wasn't really anywhere to park a tank this size, so it would have to be left, guarded, just outside the settlement.

IC: (Olis/Inn, Vingt)

Olis continued to sip his drink thoughtfully, noticing another matoran buying drinks next to him. He had never seen him at this inn before, despite the fact that it was where he usually came when in Vingt.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

My drink finally arrived, and I took a gulp of it, looking around to see who else I was sharing the place with. Vert had said most of the beings staying here were clients of his, so they were all probably involved in some kind of shady business or another. 

Perhaps recruiting one or two of them as hired help wouldn't be such a bad idea....

"Would any of you fine ladies or gentlemen be interested in becoming part of a business venture?" 

IC Zelcram:

Zelcram smiled from his seat in the turret. Powering up the elemental gun, he fired a test shot at a nearby boulder. The boulder shuddered, before falling up like ten Mirus. "All systems go here.", he reported.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC Haraki:

"That was..." She dislodged her blade from the corpse's neck. "...rather anticlimatic."

Haraki opened the door, "Just so you know, I'll still give you a 15 percent cut, as long as you can get me a good gunner and perhaps some supplies. I'll be where I was earlier should you grow a brain."

Haraki started towards where she was earlier, feeling as though her entire body was bent the wrong way.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Arktinen (Jatikko/Near Neuf)

"I'd better stay here," I say. "Nobody else knows the coilgun like I do, and anyway- it's our only swivelling weapon. We should make as much use of it as possible." 

IC: Lohi (Seize)

The Ga-Matoran wandered through Seize's grand streets in his exo, filled with contempt for the extravagant architecture that graced the ash-filled skies. Shreddah's Klawz glinted dully in the dim light, and Lohi ate a piece of bread with some jam on it as he wandered.

OOC: Lohi open for interaction.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Vert's Pricey Goods!)

I continue the blank stare for a few seconds after he mentions the Mangaia catacombs. My interest has been piqued, but I don't show it. I have to do things right.

I shoot a glance at the fancy cigarettes and cigars he's laid out. I lean sideways in my chair and deliberately remove one of my cigarettes: ugly, unfiltered messes. I bring it up to my lips. "Yuh know I preffer Ingrayv, Vert." I light the cigarette and take a long draw. I exhale through my nose.

"Now. Mangaia catacombs. Ah been in da' ayeah before. I s'pose yuh wan' me tuh take dis fren' o' yuhs down deyah, hm? An' who be dis fren' o' yuhs?"

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: "Alright." Golutaka downed the last of his drink, and placed the empty mug down on its coaster that he then carefully nudged so it properly aligned with the edges of the table. "I will go see Grunbeld. You gather the rest of the team. Meet back here. If I'm not here when you three get back then assume I'm with Grunbeld and come join us. Agreed."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: (Olis/Inn, Vingt)

The gunmetal Ba-Matoran looked up at the newcomer.

"Does it involve a reward?" he asked Oblitus.

"It might...." I replied haughtily, "...but not in the traditional sense." 

GM

Vert took several moments to process Einefus' words, his accent could be difficult to decipher.

"Understand, this is being discussed confidentially. The utmost secrecy is essential. Your partner in this task, should you choose to accept it, is a de-matoran named Oblitus. He is an outlaw and treasure hunters of sort. He gained entrance to an ancient facility in the Ihu mountains. Inside, an entity of some sort gave him a task. This is where you come in."

He finished his drink, "now Ingrayv. This may sound odd, but trust me. Oblitus is trustworthy. Certainly not the crazy type. He has been tasked to enter the mangaia catacombs and find one of lost god-tombs. To enter and steal one of their hearts."

Sonia laughed coolly. "You assume your prison sentence would be a mere year? We can detain you as long as we like. Your three's background checks showed no alliances left intact, no one will show up to save you." Her friendly facade was dropping. "Your choices are three. Accept my offer ; rot in jail or work your time off elsewhere. Perhaps a decade in the mines or... Research facilities."

To those looking for him, Grunbeld could be found in Port Town. The northern dock had a curious visitor today. A shipwreck was clogging the black waters of Naho, it was out of the west. Empty of crew, but otherwise undamaged aside from structural damage sustained during the wreck. He stood at the head of the dock, looking not unlike a statue that occasionally moved or barked out some crude, word-like sounds. Nothing odd had turned up yet, but the trade master didn't trust anything out of nomansland. It had caused Neuf too much grief in the past.

...but close to it

"You ..." I hissed angrily, fists clenching at the bars, "....fine, you win. What do you want us to do?" 

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Vert's Pricey Goods!)

Externally, I still don't react, but now I'm really interested. An unknown entity seeking a heart from a "god" buried somewhere in the Mangaia catacombs? I'm usually not interested in such things, but this...

Well, it's not like I'm doing anything else.

"Das cuhtenly innerestin'," I say. "Ah ain' know nothin' 'bout no 'gods,' but i's been a wahl sence ah had some'in innerestin' tuh fill mah time." I shrug. "Why nah'? I accept. Free o' chahge, as alway."

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

"Speak for yourself, lady," the Ta-Matoran said as he returned to his feet and brushed himself off. "For one, last time I checked, I wasn't part of your outfit, so unless that's changing, you don't get to speak for me."

"Two," he continued, turning his attention to the Vortixx on the other side of the bars. "I have yet to hear anything in the way of convincing me why I should go out and risk my hide for you when I've got this cozy little room to spend my time in, all at your government's expense. You're going to have to try a lot harder than that if you want me to trade this nice, secure facility, where, I might add, I have a greater life expectancy, for living out in the wilderness where I could just as easily take a bullet from some Karz-head's sniper rifle within an hour of my release."

"And finally, three," Kain said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "If you somehow did convince me to work for you in exchange for no jail time, I would expect the return of all of my equipment, plus reembursement for everything that your goons wrecked on me, namely a new EDD and any repairs to my Exo-Suit that you may have caused by bringing it to the impound lot."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC Lufon Vance - Vingt (Blackrock Barracks).

"Well... we're ready." I said into the radio, "I can't speak for the rest of the teams."