Matoran und Panzer

Not Quite Dead

GM

"Your equipment is currently property of Treize, being repaired mind you. If you opt for service time, I'll make sure it finds it's way into your hands. As for personal effects, We outfit our soldiers with only the finest gear. Being foreigners, you might have to make due with some hand-me-downs. Though I'm sure such equipment is well maintained."

She interrupted any brewing replies. "As for what your military service would be spent doing. Currently, an expedition into the western lands is being planned. You would be part of the outfit operating as vanguard of the mission. Military rulings state that enlisted soldiers are entitled to approximately 23.8% of the wholesale value of any valuable objects recovered on expeditionary missions."

"I'm glad to hear it, friend!" Vert hurried Ingrayv out of his office, forcing as much of the booze and cigars as he could into his hands and coat. The old man did feel a tad guilty, always accepting his services for free...

Outside, Vert pointed out the inn nearby. "Your contact is named Oblitus, he is currently staying in that inn. Good luck on your work!"

Silat's voice crackled over the expedition's radios.

"It's time to ride, boys!"

OOC: cue vingt timeskip to the midst of the ihu highway.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize.

"But we wouldn't be enlisted soldiers," I said pointedly, "We're being forced into your service to pay off a accusation agaisnt us from some corrupt guardsmen." I knew how these arseholes operated; it was part of the reason I'd become a mercenary in the first place. "So we're not actually entitled to anything, are we?" 

IC: Lufon Vance - Ihu Highway. 

"I want you to read over those maps and notes and commit everything to memory," I told Zelcram and Mokoran as I drove, "We don't have much intel on these places, so that makes what little we do have even more valuable." 

I had a feeling this expedition was going to end in disaster; I just didn't want to be right. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Streets-to-inn)

I grunt out something unintelligible in response and start toward the inn, dumping the stuff Vert had pushed into my hands. I don't need that stuff.

I push the door open and step in, lazily scanning the room. I don't know exactly who I'm looking for; all I know is that it's a De-Matoran named Oblitus. There's only one De-Matoran in the inn, and he's sitting at the bar. As I roll my half-smoked cigarette between my fingers, my eyes settle on him.

I don't look away from him, but I raise my voice to address all the patrons. "I be lookin' fuh one goin' bah da name Oblitus. Dat name belong tuh anyone hyuh?"

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: Oblitus - Vingt (Inn).

I look away from the merc I'd been speaking to and raise my hand. "That would be me." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Einefus Ingrayv (Vingt - Inn)

My guess was correct. I slowly walk over and stand a short distance from him. He'd been talking to the patron next to him, but for the moment, his attention was on me.

I pick a piece of loose tobacco off my tongue. "Vert sen' me."

"Excellent," I take another sip of my drink, gesturing towards the empty seat on the other side of me. "I take it that you're capable of helping me with my... request?" 

IC Kat/ Ihu Highway:

I checked my smart tablet every so often, the mountains tended to swallow up established paths as fast as they were made.

THis was technically Seize territory, but hopefully, since we were traveling in such a large group, any patrols would bugger off.

Or they'd assume the Vingt army was a comin' to get them.

The old girl handles snow about as well as everything else, but I was taking care to take smaller strides. Ice could up-turn a mech faster even than a bio-quake.

Plus, I was on point. 

It was my job to keep eyes open.

"Anything up ahead?" I pulled the radio over to me and barked the question at Kat. She was on point, so she was supposed to tell me if something came up, but it was always good to check up on your men. 

IC Kat/Ihu Highway:

"Anything up ahead?" The radio staticked.

I took a good look at some shapes I'd been eyeing for some time.

I adjusted the mic, and paused a moment, before responding, "Possible Seize patrol about three kio to your two o'clock. Hard to tell through the snow and fog. All else looks clear, over."

GM

"Now, now. I'm not looking to cut that hard a deal with you three. Though, if my terms are unacceptable. May I ask what would be acceptable? Your services in the military would be of more value to us than in the mines, or locked in here. So, I'll allow you three to bargain, name a condition or two. Deliberate amongst yourself if required."

...but close to it

"Understood. Keep an eye on 'em, over." I put the radio down. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________-

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Cell). 

Now we were getting somewhere. "First in, best dressed," I said immediately, "If you want us to be your bloody vanguard, we want first pick of any and all loot we find. No exceptions.

Getting dark + heavy snowfall + enemy territory = perfect opportunity for an ambush.

I flicked on the Inferno's front lights, cutting a path through the growing darkness in front of us. I keyed my radio again , "Keep in mind that a lot of the Armour in this convoy weighs more than your Exo-Suit does. Make sure you're choosing a path where we aren't going to sink into the snow. In this weather, we'll never be able to dig it back out." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

GM

Classic bartering, open high and let your opponent aim low, fight tooth and nail for the middle ground.

"Too high. I'll give you 30%, paid in cash." Of course, she doubted that Cor Saeva would accept right off the bat. It was merely the cursory opening counter.

The snow in front of the Vengeful Inferno and Legion erupts as two shells land mere bio from the vehicles, snow, ice, rock debris and shell fragments shower onto them. Two Fikou are visible on top of a ridge at 9'o'clock. They fire off a couple rounds of elemental bursts and discs to harass them and then quickly retreat down the ridge, intending to play a game of hit and run against the larger armor.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Treize (Cell). 

"Perhaps you didn't hear me right," I said through gritted teeth, "if you want us to go in there first, we get first pick of the loot." I frowned, suddenly realising I didn't have a name to go with this face I was swiftly learning to despise. "I don't believe I caught your name..." 

________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Lufon Vance - Ihu highway.

I barked my orders into an open Vingt radio channel, one that my allies could pick up but our enemies hopefully wouldn't. "Target the ridge, pick a weak spot and fire at will. Bring the whole thing down if you have to." I turned around in my seat and nodded for Zelcram to fire. 

IC: Derkahn (Near Neuf)

I find a suitable place to leave the tank at. These large bushes should cover the tank pretty well, so I drive the Jatikko through the foliage and stop the vehicle. Meanwhile Zeleran asks some of us to stay behind and guard the tank. Ikira, Gamma and Arktinen all volunteer. I'm not sure if we need three of us here, because it would be nice to have an extra pair of hands to carry provisions and most importantly booze. My drink supplies are running dangerously low, but even if they weren't I would still go to get some local alcohol. Neufers make strong drinks, and that's the only thing I like about them.

"I'm obviously going. Sora, I think you should come with us. We can't carry all the provisions by ourselves", I say to the blue Ce-Matoran as I stand up from my chair and pick up my satchel. I also wonder why Ikira wants to avoid Neuf, but I think it's reasonable to assume that she is a criminal. I mean, we all are, but we haven't off Neuf yet (unfortunately), so she probably did something in the past. I'm curious, but I don't think she would be too eager to talk about it. Heck, I'm not eager to talk about why a former mechanic and a soldier ended up being a rogue bandit. In fact, I'm sure that most of us, if not all, are not eager to talk about our pasts. And I'm perfectly fine with that.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Mokeron

Mokeron swore as he swerves to avoid the shell.

"Things have heated up pretty soon."

IC: Horic

"Gotcha. I'll go get the others. Don't take too long," Horic said, as he drank the last of the sweetened sludge.

IC: Zekev

I sighed loudly and long, laying back. This was going to take a bit of time.

IC Kat

"Got it," I responded. The moment the words left my mouth, shells exploded in front of me.

Eyes flicked to the source, and the main gun followed.

I don't take kindly to being shot.

"Watch the crosswinds, your shells will do funny things out there."

Taking aim high and left, I let fly a shell.

It arced, and drifted to the right in the distance, exploding across the icy snow bank, sending waves of the stuff down the ridge.

It wouldn't stop them, but it should keep them busy.

"Move!" I shouted. The heavy tank would be their first target.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Derkahn (Near Neuf)

As I clamber towards the hatch, I respond to Sora with a chuckle: "We're not going sightseeing, silly. We need a hauler to carry all the food and booze. Not that there would be much to see in Neuf, anyways." I should've expected such an answer from her; she always seems disinterested and apathetic. Not sure what's going on with her, really. I pivot my head slightly so I can see the rest of the crew. "Anyone want to change their mind? I'll be grateful in that case. Help is always appreciated!"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

I nod slowly and step around him, laboriously perching on the stool he indicated. I rub a spot of bright red amidst the grime on my left index finger with my left thumb.

"Ah am. Ah can ge' yuh inside, dough once in deyah mah knowledge is limited." I take a drag from my stub of a cigarette. "Da' sayed, I inten' on accompanioning yuh all da way t'rough tuh da haht o' da mattuh."

IC: (Zeleran/Neuf)

"Alright, let's go." the Commander intoned. "Let's be as quick as possible."

With that, he strode outside, intending to meet the two new exo-users as well.

IC: (Olis/Neuf)

"And what the karz is that supposed to mean?" Olis replied to Oblitus.

Kathok

"How much you'll get paid will depend entirely on what we find on the expedition." I said to the merc I'd been conversing with earlier, "Whatever you find, it's yours." I left him to think that over, and turned back to Vert's contact, taking another gulp of my drink. "If you want to accompany me all the way, you can." I said with a shrug. "I can't make any promises about your safety, though. You basically just said what I'd already suspected: no one knows what's in those tombs." 

I grind the fragmenting bits of my cigarette into the bar, garnering a burning glare from the bartender. I maintain dull eye contact with him until he shakes his head and turns away. I look back at Oblitus, who had just finished saying something to the patron on his other side.

"Danger ain' no prollum. Ah'll len' a han' whey necessry, no hesitation, an' ah got a decen' han' tuh len', ain' no mattuh da danger."

"Excellent." I saw no issue with taking him with me. Having someone else to watch my back would be helpful down in the unknowns of the tombs, and an extra set of hands would help carry back any loot we found. I couldn't keep it all to myself anyway.

Now... "You clearly know my name, good sir, but I'm afraid I don't know yours." 

IC Zelcram:

Zelcram studied the ridge a moment. Then twisting a dial on the elemental coaxial,he fired at the ridge. The cannon's mechanisms drew upon the Matoran's energy,firing a bolt of pure gravitic energy at the weakest point he saw. On contact it increased the weight of the section twofold,resulting in a large mass of snow rolling down the ridge.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

Good sir? That's twice in one day. Either everyone's gotten politer (which I highly doubt in this day and age) or everyone's developed a similar brand of off-kilter humor. I'm inclined to believe the latter, but whatever. It doesn't matter to me.

"Einefus Ingrayv, dough I preffer simply Ingrayv," I say.

• Upvote 1

"Well then, pleased to meet you, mister Ingrayv." I said pleasantly. "Now, how soon can you get us inside?" 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

"Use the heavy cannon!" I shouted back to Zelcram, driving forwards on a parallel to the ridge. "Put a shell through it; give them nowhere to hide!" 

But please, for the love of the gods, don't cause an avalanche... 

IC Tor/ Seize Border

The ashy wastes choked everything in sight. Plants and animals, Matoran and Skakdi alike. A few days out here without supplies would kill you dead. 

It was lucky for the crew of the Relentless, then, that they were not out here with nothing. The old tank was one of the first, a Seige classic. Four tread pods made it unmistakable, the armor having been updated with the times meant it was just as god as a brand shiny one coming out of the factories. Except this old machine had something those fresh tanks didn't. 

A fine crew.

As it rumbled across the wastes headed back from a long patrol, inside was the driver. A Fe-matoran as old as the tank itself, Tor was anything but ready to retire, and under her command, the battle machine had over 400 confirmed kills. Dull bronze and brown armor barely reflected the light in the cabin, as she roared Old Relentless across the Ashen desert.

• Upvote 2

IC: Kaleva - Neuf

I had of course tailed the tank to its current makeshift parking spot. Seeing the tank open and individuals start walking out, I got out of my Jäger and got out and...

What in the Great Spirit's name was that? These were the first things in my mind when I saw the first individual who walked out of the tank. His armour was blue and black and he was about as tall as a Vortixx...but he wasn't any species I had any seen. This kept getting more interesting.

Having gotten out of my suit, I walked over to the tall being, waving. "Hey! My name's Kaleva."

Edited by Hunter Serge

Pu32xij.png

^Link to the Jatikko Reference Post^

Credit to T1S for the Okomation kit used here. Credit to Miras for the banner.

Bionifight Infinite Profiles - Lekona

Matoran Und Panzer Profiles - Kaleva/Jäger, Wekan

Year 60,000 Profiles - Kaleva/The Crimson Predator, Valfares

Formerly "toa nidhiki nuva".

GM

"My name is Sonia. Don't forget it, as for your offer... I don't think I need to remind you of your situation. You're sitting in a jail cell, travelling mercenaries are in no short supply. We could lock a dozen up within the week, I'm sure one of them will accept our offer. You can stay and rot."

She tossed the paperwork towards the cell, it landed heavily at the edge of Cor Saeva's reach. "35% and one artifact a piece. You have one hour to deliberate before I return," any warmth had drained from her face. Replaced with a cold smirk. "Choose wisely." She strode out, the door shutting heavily behind her.

The Fikou had descended the ridge, activating their Volitaks near the bottom. Their white and grey camouflage should prove sufficient given the weather. ONE of the radio operators flipped on their secure channel.

"Diversion complete, Wilhelm sir."

Silence was broken by static and a rough voice from the other side, "good, and the tail?"

"In place, sir. Three exosuits with Volitaks are trailing at two kio. Targets are Silat's personal envoy and a two vehicles at the front. A heavy armor and heavily armed Exo."

The rough voice replied. "An exotic with a grey powder cannon?"

"Affirmative."

"Capture them alive."

"Yes sir! Over and out."

The crew exchanged glances, capture enemy armor? It was an awfully odd request.

...but close to it

IC: Cor Saeva - Teize (Cell). 

"Oh, I''l remember your name alright, ," I hissed angrily. 35%? Gods, these s were cheap. 

Of course, if they were sending us into these places first, we'd get first pick of the loot whether they liked it or not. And if we happened to find something that could be used against them, I had every intention of doing so. 

"This isn't right..." I picked up my radio. "We're fine, but keep an eye out. This aint over yet..." 

Well, how 'bout that? First I'm a sir (twice), now I'm a mister. I guess the dirt and grime is only revolting to some people.

"Wey nah, ah'm ready tuh leave enny time," I say. "Ol' Irene--das mah Exo, da Rosteimer--is pahked jus' outsi'." I pause a moment, thinking of the Mangaia area. "Ah should prolly le' yuh know, howe'uh, dat i's been a while sence ah been ou' deyah. May tek me a bi' tuh fin' wha' yuh lookin' fuh. Oh, an' we cuhtainly mus' be cayful. Da law don' tek kinely tuh innividuls snoopin' 'roun' da gov'men' ayeah." For the first time in my recent interactions with other living things, I let one corner of my mouth raise ever so slightly, in the closest thing I ever get to a smile. "Ah hope yuh be eble tuh han'le a li'l sneakin'."