Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

So I have a question. Can anyone recommend me any fan-made songs that are a lot like the songs in the show? I'm talking...

• [*]Good voice acting to match the characters who are supposed to be singing[*]Musical-theater style, from the point of view of the characters singing[*]Nothing terribly out-of-character (like over-the-top shipping)

Yeah, that's probably a bit specific. But now that we're in a hiatus between new episodes, I'd like to get into some of the fan stuff that I haven't really paid any attention to so far, like music and flash videos. But I still think I'd enjoy it best if it has those characteristics I really like in the "official" show.

If you're looking for a nice song that probably fits the description you'd like, I would look at Daddy Discord. It is about Discord's spawn, Screwball (She appears flying in Return of Harmony pt. 2) as she looks over the Han Solo-like Discord.

So I have a question. Can anyone recommend me any fan-made songs that are a lot like the songs in the show? I'm talking...

• [*]Good voice acting to match the characters who are supposed to be singing[*]Musical-theater style, from the point of view of the characters singing[*]Nothing terribly out-of-character (like over-the-top shipping)

Yeah, that's probably a bit specific. But now that we're in a hiatus between new episodes, I'd like to get into some of the fan stuff that I haven't really paid any attention to so far, like music and flash videos. But I still think I'd enjoy it best if it has those characteristics I really like in the "official" show.

If you're looking for a nice song that probably fits the description you'd like, I would look at Daddy Discord. It is about Discord's spawn, Screwball (She appears flying in Return of Harmony pt. 2) as she looks over the Han Solo-like Discord.
I've never been fond of the fanon interpretation of Screwball as Discord's daughter. I prefer to think of her as a pony who was unfortunate enough to get her cutie mark during the chaos of Discord's reign. It's an interesting thought: what if a pony got a temporary power and then found that they were especially talented at using it?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't think it would work that way, because if the power is only temporary, then it can't be their talent, since it doesn't last forever.

But if Discord hadn't been stopped, it would have lasted forever. There's probably a whole subset of fanfiction describing a pony losing the ability to perform their talent through injury or other causes, as well.

That's a great collection! I used to have a McFluttershy, but it fell off my backpack a while ago. :(I wrote a song sung to the theme song about AP US History (I've got the test tomorrow).My Little APUSH, My Little APUSH... AAAAAAAHHHHH!My Little APUSH! I used to wonder what crazy could be (My Little APUSH)Until my teacher shared this magic with me.Big ol' textbook, DBQs...Lots of assignments, and FRQs...Studying lots (not an easy feat!)And big tests make it all complete!My Little APUSH... Did you know I've truly gone mad?I know it's not super pony related, but it's a spinoff of it, so it kinda is...?To finish it up with something pony related... thoughts on Friendship is Witchcraft?

*Insert some sort of banner or photograph here*

That's a great collection! I used to have a McFluttershy, but it fell off my backpack a while ago. :(I wrote a song sung to the theme song about AP US History (I've got the test tomorrow).My Little APUSH, My Little APUSH... AAAAAAAHHHHH!My Little APUSH! I used to wonder what crazy could be (My Little APUSH)Until my teacher shared this magic with me.Big ol' textbook, DBQs...Lots of assignments, and FRQs...Studying lots (not an easy feat!)And big tests make it all complete!My Little APUSH... Did you know I've truly gone mad?I know it's not super pony related, but it's a spinoff of it, so it kinda is...?To finish it up with something pony related... thoughts on Friendship is Witchcraft?

Enjoyment levels operate at maximum capacity!

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Open question to current blind bag buyers: Obivously, investing in those toys are more iffy territory than investing in LEGO Minifigure Blind bags due to the fact that all the characters share a selection of about six or seven different molds, which means you're either going to get a known character from the show, a "shiny" oddly coloured variant, or some random character Hasbro's marketing team made up. Would you say its worth buying those from the store-bought bags, conisidering those circumstances? Or if I really wanted them, I should go to eBay and start fighting in bidding wars?

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

My brother knows, and doesn't seem to mind.No way I'd ever tell my parents though.Heck, they don't even know about BZP, and I'm freakin' staff here. :P

That sums up me.I have four younger brothers, one of them knows about it. Three of them suspect it but don't know for sure. I love dropping MLP references around them. I even showed them the BS01 front page on April 1st. :P Edited by Roablin
banner.png

That's a great collection!

Thanks! :3

Open question to current blind bag buyers: Obivously, investing in those toys are more iffy territory than investing in LEGO Minifigure Blind bags due to the fact that all the characters share a selection of about six or seven different molds, which means you're either going to get a known character from the show, a "shiny" oddly coloured variant, or some random character Hasbro's marketing team made up. Would you say its worth buying those from the store-bought bags, conisidering those circumstances? Or if I really wanted them, I should go to eBay and start fighting in bidding wars?

The bags are numbered, and there are lists online that tell you which number goes with which figure. ^_^ Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The bags are numbered, and there are lists online that tell you which number goes with which figure. ^_^
Really? Nice to see Hasbro isn't being as vigilant as LEGO in keeping each bag's contents a secret. Guess the whole mold-reuse thing makes them a bit more cocky.

Thoughts on The Massive Smile Project by Brony Artists For Good?I loves it. :3

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, uh.How 'bout that documentary?

Just heard about that. Sounds like an interesting project, I was wondering when the documentaries and books would start rolling in on this.I have my own book idea, but I doubt it's going to see the light of day anytime in the near future.

Well you were being rather vague at first. I was thinking you were talking about Saberspark's Ballad of the Brony. Which was great by the way, it was rather interesting.Now though after looking around a bit, I assume you're talking about John De Lancie working on a Brony documentary. Apparently this news came out yesterday.By the way Epic Wub Time came out on Saturday and it was hilarious. Had Octavia and Vinyl Scratch in it. Rev does an excellent Discord."Next time, Next time Pinkie, I'll eat all your cupcakes!" - The Violinist"When we crank that bass up to eleven it cleans the dishes on a microscopic scale." - Vinyl ScratchIt's even better than Epic Pie Time, well in my opinion.Finally I'm starting on a fic, I guess. I guess my attempt to stay at the edge of the fandom didn't pan out.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

So much want...

By the way Epic Wub Time came out on Saturday and it was hilarious. Had Octavia and Vinyl Scratch in it. Rev does an excellent Discord.

"Oh, it's nothing special, it's just my BASS CANNON!"

f9Qcky7.png

So, in the Brony world:-Documentary-Fanservice-Fan series-Brony Cons-Crystal Empire?-moar fanservice.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Sooo, that LEGO CUUSOO project got to 7000... and there's still no Official "Congratulations for 5000 Supporters" comment from LEGO. Discuss.My guess is that LEGO is looking into licensing earlier than usual because of the problems it may cause. But I get the feeling that if they'd received a straight "No", they would have just archived the project by now. So, there may in fact be some serious consideration going on...

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of Cuusoo, but I don't see it as really shocking that they weren't congratulated for 5000 supporters ... I don't think it's an indication that they're looking into it, necessarily. It might have just fallen through the cracks.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Currently, there are only three projects with above 5000 supporters (Not including the ones in review), so I doubt that they would have "fallen through the cracks". Only one of them (Star Wars Dark Bucket) has received the 5000 message, and even that didn't sound all that optimistic (licensing issues etc).We know that LEGO reviewed the Serenity project early because of potential content issues, so my guess is that they're doing a similar thing with MLP due to licensing.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

It is actually now fully funded, and any extra donations will be going towards expanding it. Its original idea was to be a Bronycon documentary, but if they get extra cash, they are going to expand it to be more encompassing. They have details over at another website that talks about ponies on a Daily basis.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

Hasn't been made yet, but John DeLancie wanted to do one, because he thinks Bronies get kind of a bad rep in the media.

Well thats a given, we truly do, and Fox is the worst culprit of this.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Hasn't been made yet, but John DeLancie wanted to do one, because he thinks Bronies get kind of a bad rep in the media.

Well thats a given, we truly do, and Fox is the worst culprit of this.
Well, many of them are offenders, although from my experience, print media treats them more fairly.As usual... [/worksinthenewspaperindustry]

Wow, you need to chill a bit and stop being so hypersensitive. Just because no one replies to a post you make doesn't mean people are actively trying to ignore you - they just have nothing to add. I had not heard of the fluffy pony meme so I didn't bother replying - doesn't mean I hate you. Everyone else had a similar reason, I'm sure.--It's funny, even though the songs from MLP seem so catchy and I've seen all the episodes many times, I can't remember all the lyrics to any of the songs, yet I can recall the lyrics to Pinkie's Brew and Sweetie Belle's Big Race perfectly. XP

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.