IC:

"He's downstairs. Either listening to us, or reading a book," She said, exiting the Kitchen and heading down the hall to a door that could easily be mis-interpreted as either a pantry, or a bathroom.

"Warren? Can you come up please? Mr. McCoy would like to speak to you."

With that, she headed back to the kitchen, with the sound of heavy foot-falls heading up the stairs right behind her. A Black-haired boy burst out from behind the basement door, and turned to the kitchen, his mouth forming a near-perfect "O".

"Oh, uh, holy ," He said, eyes wide in amazement that the fact that Hank McCoy, Also known as Beast, was sitting in his families' kitchen, "Uhm, you're really awesome."

IC (Saphine)

"Yes. The instructers assure me they are prepared. They learn quickly." That was to be expected of course, many of them had fought in wars around the planet before Midnight had contacted them. Saphine had many experiences to draw from, but running a private army had been a new one. She found it most enjoyable. She was wearing her typical work clothing, a neatly pressed black uniform with a matching beret. Though due to the distinct lack of sunlight, she had not worn her sunglasses. "I haven't briefed them fully on the nature of our mission. I expect you will wish do the honors." It was his operation after all, it was only proper. She paused for a moment and dug a file out of her briefcase. "I have the latest report on our security systems. We'd added in infrared cameras, military grade auto-cannons and a few other general upgrades." Needless to say, no government had any inkling about the second upgrade to their systems. Some things had to be done in the dark.

IC (Lucia)

Lucia nodded. "More then the she-creature."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Yes it has to do with the eyes, if they look into their eyes as they begin they are put into a trance, but if they don’t look it usually won’t work, or not as well.

IC: White Queen (Jace’s Condo)

“Don’t let the door hit you on the way out,” she said crossing her arms; her voice still in an Irish accent. “I am a woman not a creature you ignorant ****,” she sneered. “Go take your insolence somewhere else or I will kill you and your demons.”

IC: Beast (X-Manor)

Hank smiled at Warren. "And you have an excellent name. One of my best friends in the whole world has the same one."

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC ForeshadowContrary to what Venom may have been expecting, Peter wasn't exactly fleeing. Ducking into an alleyway, he began looking around for something heavy... Preferabbly a rock, but a dumpster would work too. Anything he could smash on top of Venom's head...IC Spartan"Sir, the scan results are in. Vigilante's a mutant; Fangs seems to be an alien symbiote of some sorts. Symbiote is probably the bigger threat."Homer looked around at the scene. What was he to do... "Send two men to track down the mutant," he ordered. "The rest of you, surround the building!!!" The men complied and they surrounded the building, gazing up at Venom. "Should've brought some archers," Homer thought even as he readied his javelin (why didn't he bring the lightsaber pike?!) Into a throwing position.NPC NYPDMeanwhil, the cops were surrounding the building as well. "Sir," one nof them yelled. "Put your hands behind your head right now!"

Edited by Constructman

IC [Grimmson/Iceland, Scandium Headquarters]

"I'm sure if anything happens, Senator McLean can cover it up. His campaign could turn on it." He coughed harshly, noticing the few speckles of blood. "It'd seem I'm getting too old to keep participating in sparring duels." He turned, beginning to walk towards the side door. "We best not be late for the jet. Come, I want to talk to you about the mission."

Even as they began walking off, shutters on the windows began to close, a computer screen shutting itself off as the room detected its inhabitants leaving.

[Wallace/NYC]

"What I am about to do is somewhat fool hardy, but I suspect that, in the long run, it will work. Please don't let me die." With that, he tightened his scarf on his neck, tossed his quarterstaff to Lucia, and lunged at the vampire, who had at this point after slinking around him so much put herself in a nasty tackling position. While he wouldn't hit her center of mass, there was still a fairly good chance he'd knock her over. He could only hope that it wouldn't be the end of him.

OOC

I'm picturing Kenneth with a long coat and scarf, since he was out on the cold beaches fighting Vikings before he get zapped through space and time.

Edited by Dr. Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: White Queen (Jace's Condo)

Being a vampire Katherine's reflexes were incredibly sharpened and so was her speed. She easily dodged the tackle, the Scot falling past her completely. Katherine smiled, "And you could of left here alive mortal." she said as she attempted to unleash a powerful kick to his side as he was falling and launch him into the wall.

IC: Feral (X-Manor)

"Er, yeah I did." John lied, trying not to think of his dark dreams, especially since Liliana was involved. "Did you sleep well?"

IC: Stranger (Hellfire Cells)

"N-Noel..." Ares said as he scooted closer to the light. The bloody bandages all over him were revealed, along with his bruised skin. His left eye was dark and swollen.

"I'm so sorry they captured you too... I'll get you out of here somehow."

Edited by Flex Capacitor

OOC: Humva. You may want to read the post above that.

Quickly.

IC (Saphine)

"You should be taking your medication." Saphine's tone was light, but a scolding was a scolding. "You aren't as young as you once were." Regardless, she fell into step behind them. "The men have been trained in urban combat, anti-mutant precautions and we've put them through the training programs suggested by my friends in Mossad and the SAS." Saphine had the barest ghost of a grin on her face. In this century money did most of the talking, and she certainly had no shortage of that.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Icitine"Pretty good." She said with a grin, her eyes portraying a different emotion. She had seen through her finance's ruse but she would ask him about that later.IC: Liberty"What happened to you?! You look awful!" Noel asked, viewing her friend from afar, forgetting that she too had suffered injuries and probably reflected a similar state. "Are you okay? I mean I'm fine over here...Error is taking care of me..." She turned to Error, looking concerned. "Can we help?"

OOCThis is, most likely, going end terrible for me.

IC [Wallace/NYC]

The vampire's kick was, ah, powerful to say the least. It knocked him a few feet, cracked a few ribs, and probably was going give him awful stomach aches if he lived this out. He coughed up blood, looking up at the vampire. Then his eyes started to glaze over as he fired off a form of southern Gaelic. The words meant nothing; the power behind them did. Nothing happened, for a moment, then the searing pain came. He had done this before, and it was never a pleasant experience. His bones cracked, his muscles turned to fluid, it was generally pretty nasty. But it was quick. Seconds later where there had been a man, there was now a wolf. The kind that prowled the northern most mountains, a huge creature that had to be fierce to survive it's environment.

With an inhuman growl, the wolf stayed put. Waiting, calculating.

Meanwhile, Sarah was trying to not burst out into screaming again, instead deciding to something smart: look for something to beat anyone who came close and find a door. The sword that fell been tossed to the floor when the man... transformed, seemed a good enough pick.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: James

"****."

In an instant, the playful expression vanished from his face, and he put his present back in its box. The Avenger grabbed his shield from where it leaned on the wall, and slung it onto his back. His pistol was already in place, and his costume was already prepped. His hand slipped into his pocket, pulling out his Avengers priority card, and swiping a finger across the surface.

"Get everyone together. We're finding them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Carli)

Caeli walked over to Natile, wanting to stay in the know. Carli hated being left in the dark

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

"As a matter of fact, yes. But I'll tell that to a real agent, rather than the intern." The super soldier replied bluntly, anger and worry simmering under his voice.

He turned, and started marching toward the bridge of the Helicarrier. "Oi! Eggheads! Someone get me a way to track an agent. Now."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Lucia)

Lucia began to chant, rapidly, the words spilling from her mouth quickly. The blood leaking from her wound began to boil once more, and smoke began to rise from the wound itself. Then, quite suddenly, her eyes appeared to glaze over. Two small balls of fire suddenly blinked into existence in front of her. Then it happened. There was flash of arcane power and another current of magic swept over the room. The spell was imperfect, being cast under such circumstances, but it was potent nonetheless. Lucia had aimed to set the she-creature aflame, instead, she had only lit the creatures hand and the area around her aflame.

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: Sorry for late responses.IC: Ben stepped out of the shadows. "One of my powers takes time to activate. Watching is necessary." He turned to look at the object beside him, shrugging as he did. "I already know what that does. If you want me to draw up schematics to prove it I can." The older man's expression turned to one of concern. "If your friend is in trouble I'll do anything I can to help. Short of releasing you, of course."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC KnowerIntern? INTERN?!On the inside, he was fuming. How dare he?! But I didn't let it show "Pshh," I said as James walked out the door. "That boy better watch his tongue." Shaking my head, I walked over to where Natalie, Carli, and Alyssa were talking "I would ask 'Something wrong?', but..." I gestured to the door James had just gone through.

Edited by Constructman

IC: Feral (X-Manor)

“I’m glad,” he smiled at her. “I went and talked to my dad today.” He said, not sure if she’d know what he meant since his dad was dead. He was ready to explain.

IC: Stranger (Hellfire Cells)

“I was tortured by a man named Dr. Novocain,” he said. “I don’t think I’m okay Noel one of my hands is shattered… I won’t be able to work any spells this way.”

IC: White Queen (Jace’s Condo)

“How cute,” she smiled at the wolf. “Maybe I’ll turn you into a coat.” She said. Suddenly the room burst into flames, as did her hand. Katherine screamed in agony as her hand began to burn. Her screams were loud and full of pain as she was distracted from her adversary, giving him possibly a chance to escape.

OOC: Don't see anything wrong with Chen Hanshi, approved.

IC: Krystal - Institute, Westchester -

"Let's hope not..." Krystal responded as they began to head toward the Cerebro Room. She tried to walk without any help, and managed to do so for the first minute or so....though sooner or later she ended up leaning on the she-panther.

IC: Ashley - San Francisco -

"I see..." Ashley began, thinking it was somewhat crazy that Matt had followed her all the way here, it wasn't like she was going to never come back. "Wait did you say 'we'? Who's with you?"

IC: Howard

"I'm heading back to New York, that's where the most activity for the Hellfire Club has been, so that's where she most likely is right now." With that Howard flew into the sky, his repulsors at full blast, he began to climb to supersonic speeds when he got high enough in altitude, he wasn't going to waste time.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Wallace/NYC]

If there was ever a chance, this was certainly it. Giving a sharp bark at the sorceress, he bolted for the door, coincidentally as Sarah had found her way to it. He bounded through it, crashing into the unsuspecting woman, and sending himself into a tumble outside of the penthouse.

Sarah was clearly not having the best of days, though. When the wolf (werewolf?) smacked her in the back, she just about impaled herself on the sword she was carrying. She threw it away, pushing herself up and taking this opportunity to make an escape with all bloody haste.

voidstars.png

Before Knower could notice the intent forming, he found a hand around his throat, and his back slammed against the wall. James regarded him coldly, looking the younger male in the eye.

"That boy can hear. Far better than you can, actually. That boy is older than you. That boy also outranks you in every possible way. You will watch your tongue, or I will personally have you drummed so far out of SHIELD you couldn't get a job shining my boots. That's what I should have done after you shot an allied agent repeatedly. That what I should have done after your utter failure in New York two months ago."

"But normally, I'm a nice guy. I like to give people second chances, even when it's against my better judgement."

"And look where my faith's gotten me. Now there's a problem I have to solve, because I wasn't there to keep it from happening myself. Because I had faith that my team could handle it. I underestimated the opponent."

"I am not in a good mood. If you do not shut up, I will kick you out of this organization. I have more than enough reasons. Don't give me another one."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

A look of pure fear shot across Lucia's face. She had...summoned something. She hadn't intended to, but the pressure of the battle...she turned and ran for the exit, leaving whoever remained in the room to their fate. The fire raging within the room began to twist, bend and coalesce into a coherent form. It looked like a mixture of a bat made of fire and a madman's vision of a bat. It had no real eyes or defining facial features, only a vague shape that could be called batlike. But it was moving. Rising from the flames. Heading torwards the vampires. Various middle easterners called them Jinn, some called them Fire Vampires, others the Children of Cthuga. But what it was called was not important. It lived to burn and without a magic user controlling it, it would do just that.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Liberty"Thank you." Noel said with an appreciative smile, taking the supplies from Ben. "Ares...I'm going to throw you some supplies..watch out!" She threw powerfully into Ares's cell, making sure the supplies passed through perfectly. Noel turned to Ben. "I'm afraid that I haven't introduced myself. My name is Noel."IC: Icitine"What do you mean?" Lilliana asked, taking John's hand in her own.

Edited by Rawrmouse_Bieber

IC: Triblade (San Fran Bay)

“Uhhh… I probably shouldn’t say…” he said as he glanced at Nicole.

IC: Stranger (Hellfire Club)

“Why did you help me?” Ares asked Noel surprised. “But thank you,” he said looking at Noel and Ben, since she had asked on his behalf. As the supplies were thrown into his cell Ares tried to wrap the bandages around him with one hand, though he was failing.

IC: White Queen (Jace's Condo)

Katherine had jumped over the wall of flames, the tips of her feet catching flames. She ran for the sink and plunged her hand into the sink as she poured water over her incinerated hand. She then stamped out the fire on her feet as she turned to see the burning creature.

"Jace... we need to leave. Now."

IC: Songbird (Cerebro)

Hey are you guys still coming down here? Ash sent M'Kus and N'Dine telepathically.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

"I would hope as much." They continued into an elevator, beginning the trip down. "I've selected some... low-profile targets. While it may seem patronizing to the men, the fact of the matter is that this armor is still in the prototype stage. Destroying the X-Men and the Brotherhood will come when we can verify that we are capable of it. Too many have tried in the past to do just that, and far too many have failed."

[Wallace/NYC]

Wallace watched from his animal eyes what was going on, the gave a bark at Lucia again. He had no knowledge of this building, but the scents were present. All buildings had ways out, and it stood to reason whichever path was most traversed was the one in which people left. So he used that to his advantage, motioning for Lucia to follow him as he bounded down the halls.

voidstars.png

OOC: And here we see why magic, channeled without proper precautions, is a bad idea. Let's take a tally:

1. One housewife yanked through spacetime.

2. One demon unleashed on a city.

3. One fire raging out of control.

And yes, the Fire Vampire has weak points. One that should be rather easy to figure out. It is made of fire after all.

IC (Lucia)

"We need to leave. We need to leave...." Lucia was repeating herself somewhat aimlessly as she followed after Wallace. "I summoned something. Jinn I think it's called. I don't control it...this is bad. Very bad." Though she was still following Wallace, it was evident she was starting to break under the strain.

IC (Saphine)

"Understood. Even Alexander the Great started small. As did Andrew Jackson." Jackson had been a surprise, Saphine admitted. Who knew he'd already been actively hunting vampires? That had been an unpleasent wake up call indeed. "Might I ask who the targets are?" Saphine had little doubt they would be victorious. They had many advantages. Shock. An immortal Gargoyle. Some of the best training this side of the planet. Granted, they were facing mutants...and that evened things out.

Edited by Basilisk

IC: ZacThe boy was back in the garage, welding mask on his finger his as a torch as he started to fuse some metal parts together. OOC: Open for interactionIC: Gemini (New Brother hood base)The father mutant began to write a letter. Seeing how he never told Zac about what happened and why he moved, he decided to write this letter to him. Part of him regretted joining the Brother Hood, and part of him didn't.His mind was conflicted lately, he didnt want his son to end up like him. He sighed and continued to write.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC-Alexander:

"Y'know, you aren't going to mess anything up, so how about we expedite this process..." Alexander muttered, quickly hitting in a key code and opening the doors between the cells, so that Ares and Noel and the others could interact. After a moment he turned to Ben, his eyes with a slightly...cloudy look to them.

"And you, sir, had better not touch that little device of mine," he growled. "I don't want to have anybody's heads or other extremeties exploding, not here. I'd have to clean it up."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The elevator reached ground level, a brisk walk past the greeting desk taking them outside. A limo was already waiting, summoned long before they had come down. Slipping into it without a drop on them, Grimmson finally spoke up. "There's a mutant bar in Virginia, Virginia Beach. Low profile target, the only humans that go near it are sympathizers or mentally ill. None of the mutants there are too exceptionally powerful, not from intelligence reports anyways. A surprise attack will kill at least twenty instantly, and the building was built in such a way that escape isn't a concern. It'll be enough, though, to attract some... wanted attention."

voidstars.png

IC: Everywhere

As the doors opened up between cells, a man appeared nearby. Just like that, teleporting into existance, his muscular frame filling the doorway momentarily. Tall, buff, and generally the type of guy you would take great lengths to avoid, the mutant known as Everywhere cracked his knuckles. By making a fist. The message was clear, even more so when his the air around him shimmered momentarily, and suddenly there were two of him standing in the doorway.

Mr. Smith didn't speak, he didn't need to. The tazer that both of him held spoke well enough.

Given that the he could literally be in any place at once, guard duty wasn't as bad for him as it was for others.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Ashley - San Francisco -

"Why, is it Nicole or something?" The stunned silence that followed gave Ashley an answer. "Ah..."

IC: Howard - NYC -

Howard reached NYC within a few minutes, as he had only been a state away, and that's really not that far when you can fly several times the speed of sound. He knocked down the door to where the Hellfire club had had there banquet. He wasn't going to wait for the other Avengers, he needed to save Noel now.

"Knock knock...." Howard barged his way in, looking very imposing in his suit of armor. His demeanor and stance betrayed his mood, not very happy. "Where. Is. She?"

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC-Alexander:

"Actually, Ben, nevermind that. I think we've got something else to worry about, as evidenced by tall, dark, and mitotic here's appearance. If you wouldn't mind, I'm going to want you to head over to that little contraption, and punch in key code one-three-one-eight, if you please."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now