BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

Yet they think they have the right to hammer their wills into other people's heads?

Hypocrites.

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You all forget they're a completely different culture.

There is zero reason they would have the same laws/morals/ethic systems as another culture, plus the willhammer vs uninvited conversation is like rules of war or something. Is it okay to shoot random guy on the street? (uninvited mental conversation) vs Is it okay to shoot random guy that is hostile towards you? (willhammer used on enemies)

Just pretend that in your nation, punching others is a grave offense, while in another nation punching others is a greeting. Would you like being punched if you traveled to punchland? Probably ruffle some feathers until some factoids about your cultures were exchanged.

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

Yet they think they have the right to hammer their wills into other people's heads?

Hypocrites.

>.>

<.<

T-That's the only way they can mentally communicate with the Mata Nuians though.

But they don't need to communicate that way with them. They can all talk as well. Vakua can only communicate telepathically.

So far, the way the Dasaka have been acting makes it seem like they've all got huge superiority complexes.

They think the Mata Nuians are barbarians and savages, and their interaction with Vakua makes it seem like they deem all who don't follow their strict customs undeserving of having telepathic capabilities.

In all honesty, they're coming across as overprivileged jerks who think they're better than everyone else.

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

But they don't need to communicate that way with them. They can all talk as well. Vakua can only communicate telepathically.

So far, the way the Dasaka have been acting makes it seem like they've all got huge superiority complexes.

They think the Mata Nuians are barbarians and savages, and their interaction with Vakua makes it seem like they deem all who don't follow their strict customs undeserving of having telepathic capabilities.

In all honesty, they're coming across as overprivileged jerks who think they're better than everyone else.

Actually, I disagree. This is one part of Dasaka culture (unlike quite a few others) that I think is completely justified.

Think about it: the mind is the most private space a person possesses. It's the core of who you are: your thoughts, your dreams, your secrets. If someone entered your mind, without asking permission and giving you a chance to prepare, they'd potentially have access to all of that.

Although we have no real-world experience of such a thing, it seems clear to me that doing so would be an incredibly personal intrusion.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

And that is something I personally agree with; Vakua had no way of knowing this, though. To extend my analogy, the stranger's culture places the hands as the most powerful, delicate, and important part of the body, and must be protected and hidden from sight. However, to the person who is simply trying to sign (metaphor falls apart unless you assume everyone can understand sign language), he gets yelled at for doing something he has to do.

The times, they are a-changing...

Indeed. It was reasonable for Vakua to try to communicate in the way he did, and it was reasonable for the Dasaka to react the way they did. It's all just a matter of perspectives and misunderstandings. ;)

Apologies for my inactivity for the last couple of days. My Uni work amped up quite a bit, so I had to take a break from writing. I'll get things moving for Ko-Koro and the Staff Quest soon.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Hypocrites.

>.>

<.<

T-That's the only way they can mentally communicate with the Mata Nuians though.

I get the feeling you haven't followed the Dasaka too closely. Now, Asa's use of Willhammer, in Dasakan culture, would be considered rather rude. It was in this instance used to demonstrate what the power was, though that doesn't make it more polite. But the privacy of the mind, as Ghost noted, is deeply entrenched in their culture. As is the possession of Psionic abilities. A mere Kanohi that can imitate what they have to work for is an affront, a deep insult.

And they all think that Mata Nuians are savages? Really? They observe how the culture is different, but no one has called them barbaric. They've questioned the efficiency of the local enforcers, which given what they've seen is logical, but they've demonstrated outright awe over what the Toa can do.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Vakua has made it clear that the Willhammer abilities are clearly leagues beyond his skill, however. He also cannot gain surface understanding, as he can with non-psionics. Normally he percieves minds as a pile of stuff. Just by being in proximity he can perceive general intent or strong emotion, and can recognize himself, should someone be thinking about him. This is mostly how his teammates contact him, they just concentrate on Vakua to get his attention. If he wants, he can more closely examine the pile from afar, identifying individual things. I haven't seen if he can rummage around in other's heads, though. The Dasaka, to him, he perceives their minds like boxes. He can still detect their presence, but can't see anything inside it. So, if this is valid, the Dasaka are even more safe than usual from Vakua's telepathy.

I have a playlist for the BZPRPG, made up of music that fits each of my characters. There is:

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: overall theme I have for the Kalta; since they were actually matoran at one point, this is the montage music I imagine for their training. Four of them even fit the lyrics themselves: Skorm was made harder, Vakua was made better, Kalyss is obviously faster, and Casanuva was made stronger.

Get Lucky: Casanuva's theme. This was back when he was on his own, and more of a hedonist; still applies, though.

Seeya- Vakua's theme; I think its fitting that a De-Toa DJ has a Deadmau5 song as his theme; lyrics are somewhat appropriate as well, given Vakua's introspectiveness.

Die- Kalyss's theme. A blood-pumping song from RWBY, I just think it fits in her battle scenes.

All Men are Pigs- Kalyss's secondary theme. A bit more playful, for her more hit-and-run fighting style.

Nui Harime's Theme- Skorm's theme. It's just so discordant, I think it fits the character's eerie rage.

Mental Meta Metal- Skorm's battle theme. I just love the beginning, for when Skorm starts kicking .

Dr Wily's Castle- Zueya's theme. I've always liked this music, and I think the daunting yet triumphant aspect of it fits Zueya's mask and skill.

Elves arrive at Helm's Deep- Aelied's theme. I wanted something more ethereal and classical for Aelied, given that he is an ancient toa, clearly apart from the others.

Cherry Bomb- This is for when Zueya and Kalyss have to team up. Grrl power!

Infinite Loop- Cyrix's theme. Given that Cyrix is a master of stealth, I wanted an Metal Gear Solid OST for him, and I remember this one as being pretty good.

On a side note, can those of us in Mangaia fast forward to getting to the Vault entrance? Not sure what else we can do before getting there, since we already defeated a pair of Rahkshi.

I REALIZE

My guess is that the Rahk population was/is very high, seeing as how they have epidemic rates of head loss.

On topic, what element best corresponds to explosions?

They really should not be falling at the rate that they are. I don't think we have even had a major PC injury to them in the last few months.

As for the element? Fire seems like the best fit.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I REALIZE

My guess is that the Rahk population was/is very high, seeing as how they have epidemic rates of head loss.

On topic, what element best corresponds to explosions?

They really should not be falling at the rate that they are. I don't think we have even had a major PC injury to them in the last few months.

As for the element? Fire seems like the best fit.

Hey, Skorm almost got his entire chest crushed. Ooh, maybe he'll be like Grievous with all his coughing now?

Also, pretty much any element that has a physical medium can create explosions. Sonics, as well, can vibrate things until they explode. But yes, Fire seems to be your best bet.

• Upvote 1

Plasma is great for melting stuff but it lacks the properties for a proper explosion.

Dude, take a look at the sun.  That's essentially one great big ten-billion-year-long explosion in the sky, and it's entirely made up of plasma.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I recall a certain Crystal-Toa back at the Hospital near Ko-Koro created a decent-sized explosion using their powers. I don't remember how they did it exactly, but it might be worth checking out.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I have a playlist for the BZPRPG, made up of music that fits each of my characters. There is:

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: overall theme I have for the Kalta; since they were actually matoran at one point, this is the montage music I imagine for their training. Four of them even fit the lyrics themselves: Skorm was made harder, Vakua was made better, Kalyss is obviously faster, and Casanuva was made stronger.

Get Lucky: Casanuva's theme. This was back when he was on his own, and more of a hedonist; still applies, though.

Seeya- Vakua's theme; I think its fitting that a De-Toa DJ has a Deadmau5 song as his theme; lyrics are somewhat appropriate as well, given Vakua's introspectiveness.

Die- Kalyss's theme. A blood-pumping song from RWBY, I just think it fits in her battle scenes.

All Men are Pigs- Kalyss's secondary theme. A bit more playful, for her more hit-and-run fighting style.

Nui Harime's Theme- Skorm's theme. It's just so discordant, I think it fits the character's eerie rage.

Mental Meta Metal- Skorm's battle theme. I just love the beginning, for when Skorm starts kicking ######.

Dr Wily's Castle- Zueya's theme. I've always liked this music, and I think the daunting yet triumphant aspect of it fits Zueya's mask and skill.

Elves arrive at Helm's Deep- Aelied's theme. I wanted something more ethereal and classical for Aelied, given that he is an ancient toa, clearly apart from the others.

Cherry Bomb- This is for when Zueya and Kalyss have to team up. Grrl power!

Infinite Loop- Cyrix's theme. Given that Cyrix is a master of stealth, I wanted an Metal Gear Solid OST for him, and I remember this one as being pretty good.

On a side note, can those of us in Mangaia fast forward to getting to the Vault entrance? Not sure what else we can do before getting there, since we already defeated a pair of Rahkshi.

There used to be lots of shoehorning song lyrics into posts back in the day (I had an entire playlist for one character at one point).

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

8o0qO.gif LDD9o.gif 2wMzz.gif GlHZg.gif WctXM.gif 6cD2C.gif Too76.gif MT8XX.gif ceDGq.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

They certainly do a good job of setting the mood for a post and, to be honest, make it look longer and more impressive with all the extra lines the verses put in there.

I have yet to find the right spot to write one though.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1